Gujrat Mineral Dev Corp

Floating stock is around 6%, though the FIIs have around 1% the government and related bodies hold more than 86% of capital. It has strong financial results so far and good book value. I am not aware of the forth-coming mining policy, may be I’ll dig in later about that. If possible accumulate it at every plunge.

If I am allowed to comment on this.
Many MFs are increasing their share with GMDC, including the top rated Reliance growth and SBI Contra as well as SBI Comma.
SBI Midcap Fund(G) has as much as 9.3% of their Fund in GMDC.
In Nov'07 alone all MFs together added 11 Crore shares when compared to 3.8 crores in Oct'07.
Reliance Growth Fund(G) alone added 3.2 crore shares in Nov'07

Interestingly, MFs have reduced their stake in Ashapura and Not huge jump with Sesa Go
(FYI Sesa Goa & Ashapura are nearest to GMDC, while NMDC is fully owned by GOI).

I don't know the position of Dec&Jan.

Hope this is a good sign, correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:
If I am allowed to comment on this.
Many MFs are increasing their share with GMDC, including the top rated Reliance growth and SBI Contra as well as SBI Comma.
SBI Midcap Fund(G) has as much as 9.3% of their Fund in GMDC.
In Nov'07 alone all MFs together added 11 Crore shares when compared to 3.8 crores in Oct'07.
Reliance Growth Fund(G) alone added 3.2 crore shares in Nov'07

Interestingly, MFs have reduced their stake in Ashapura and Not huge jump with Sesa Go
(FYI Sesa Goa & Ashapura are nearest to GMDC, while NMDC is fully owned by GOI).

I don't know the position of Dec&Jan.

Hope this is a good sign, correct me if I am wrong.
Hi ,,, I think uve got it wrong :p ,,, the increase in the shares that u are seeing is because of the fact that it has now split to Rs 2 ,,, that is why u see that the quantities have increased so much ,,, so for eg if a fund had 5 shares , now it wld show 25 shares ,,, but overall good company and good holdings across mutual funds ,,, cheers:D

Ohhh, I am sorry,
That's novice should not open words quickly without knowing full details.
However thanks for correcting me.

Thanks,
Siva

Jnj,
GMDC went up by 12% yesterday amidst big market fall. Any news in the making? Results are round-the corner on 11th June.
And, any updates on the bonus issue recommended in January.

Can you please update info on your threads (GMDC, Jai Coorporation, STC and Deccan Gold Mines).

Thanks,
Hitesh