Greeks- why they are important?

A doubt: Let us assume that the index is 4300 on sep-19 a day after fed meet.
What am I supposed to do?

A option seller cannot exercise anything. Buyers pay the premium and hold the privilege of exercising the option at a time of their choice. Is there anything I can do to have the same effect of making that excercise?

A doubt: Let us assume that the index is 4300 on sep-19 a day after fed meet.
What am I supposed to do?

A option seller cannot exercise anything. Buyers pay the premium and hold the privilege of exercising the option at a time of their choice. Is there anything I can do to have the same effect of making that excercise?
Yoogi- not sure what you meant by the last sentence- would you elaborate?

well Asssume nifty is at 4300 well before expiry. My guess/bet is that it will recover.

But if the buyer excercise the option, I will have a Nifty-Sept-Future @ 4400 long, with a loss of 100 points. (is this correct?). This is ok with me because I am bullish and I am sure to get back my price.

I want the buyer to do this. But an option can be exercised only by the buyer. (after all he pays for that privilege.). But I cannot force him to do this.

Is there anything I can do to have the same effect? (neturalising my Put-sell AND having a long position on futures).

well Asssume nifty is at 4300 well before expiry. My guess/bet is that it will recover.

But if the buyer excercise the option, I will have a Nifty-Sept-Future @ 4400 long, with a loss of 100 points. (is this correct?). This is ok with me because I am bullish and I am sure to get back my price.

I want the buyer to do this. But an option can be exercised only by the buyer. (after all he pays for that privilege.). But I cannot force him to do this.

Is there anything I can do to have the same effect? (neturalising my Put-sell AND having a long position on futures).
As simple stuff pointed out Indexes are settled in cash ( unless you have ETF like a qqqq)- I think the better way you expect a drop to 4300-4400, why dont you take the profit on the put you sold and perhaps buy an ITM or ATM PUT- since apparaently you feel now that the market is going down( Am I correct?)
There is definitely resistance- and I do expect the market to be lower by sept expiration( well looking at the candle charts- it is pretty clear to me that the market sells off everytime it tries to move!)

Well, yes. The options we have are European and hence are exercised only at the expiry day only.

So on expiry if the underlying is below strike price, I need to buy a future contract manually. If it is above strike price, I need to wait for better price to buy.

I didnt buy back any put as my stop loss was actually 4143 for spot price.

Now this is increasingly like a defensive bull strategy rather than a complete bull. A bull should buy future contract and nothing else.

R

ratan jain

Naked and clothed....

No wonder I cant get the hang of it..

Imagine if my broker wanted me to sell naked :)
He would get a punch, not brokerage :)

Naked call.... How do I order.... 1 naked call please, and make it fast!

My wife would think I am placing an order for something else ! :)

My assumption was selling a put to buy a stock- not index.

For example if I am interested in reliance for the longer haul- but let us assume I would prefer to get it at 1800 ( current price 1982)- then what I would do is to sell the 1800 Put. If RIL does not dip below 1800- I keep the premium, if it does I get the stock and keep long term ( or can even sell Covered calls). Obviously the choice of strike, IV etc are to be selected carefully. If you are VERY bullish- go ahead sell a ATM put.

This also applies to any stock you are bullish- instead of buying the stock outright- you can sell the puts, and make money- afterall there is a limitations to how many stocks you pursue!
Hi Srikanth_Kandalam . Please give me your e-mail address or contact i want to clarify some doubts about covered calls and puts etc..Hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Srikanth, This is rahul. I was going thru some of the links posts which you have created. was impressed by hte same. I am planning to enter the options trading arena. I had a request :eek: . If you are comfortable then can you please give me ur id so that i can get in touch with you if i need to know something about options trading. My mail id is [email protected]. It would be great if you could please guide me in the same. :)
Hi Srikanth
Please add me my yahoo Id anilagarwal66
My e-mail id is [email protected]

My assumption was selling a put to buy a stock- not index.

For example if I am interested in reliance for the longer haul- but let us assume I would prefer to get it at 1800 ( current price 1982)- then what I would do is to sell the 1800 Put. If RIL does not dip below 1800- I keep the premium, if it does I get the stock and keep long term ( or can even sell Covered calls). Obviously the choice of strike, IV etc are to be selected carefully. If you are VERY bullish- go ahead sell a ATM put.

This also applies to any stock you are bullish- instead of buying the stock outright- you can sell the puts, and make money- afterall there is a limitations to how many stocks you pursue!
Srikanth.........Seems to be very good strategy. Would like to know more about such strategies. Please let me know where can I learn. I am willing to spen money sor learning. If you dont mind please e-mail me my yahoo id anilagarwal66 [email protected]