Great Free Software here

GRORICH

I have found a web-site for free stock charting software,
I downloaded & installed it sucessesfully,
I think this will be really great freeware for interested members,

But i can not understand abuot DATA UPDATING & IMPORTING,

Importing data into Aptistock is easy. Go to Tools , Data Downloader, Select the stocks for which you want EOD data. After selecting , Have your net connection , clcik download. All data is downloaded . But updating as a whole , seems to be a problem.
Regards.
Grorich

GRORICH

you have to update daily data at the end of the day. There is a red data upload button on the aptistock toolbar. just click and thedata uploads automatically.
humnawa
Dear Humnawa,
Could you please clear my doubts regarding Aptistock ? I could update data by selecting individual stocks and licking the red button . Even then, when I updated the data individually on 4 Apr around 1 pm ( afternoon ) the data was updated for 2 Apr only and not even for 3 Apr . What could be the reason ?
Second doubt is how to update the data as a whole ?

Thanks in advance for your reply

Yours faithfully
Mohan

you have to update daily data at the end of the day. There is a red data upload button on the aptistock toolbar. just click and thedata uploads automatically.
humnawa

hello Humnawa......im facing the problem ..during data downlaod it says..
3MINDIA.NS (NSE)Download failed. Maybe error stock symbol. Please update your stock list.

for all the stocks...in Help section also they mentiond if ths problm occures update stock list..bt again same problm..

be kind to let me know the answer to the problm..waiting...

Regards n thnx in advance
sharestrader

hello all,
no body responded to my query regarding APTISTOCK...bt anyways ths tme i was succeful in downloading n othr stuff...
its gd charting software for newcomers..(n who dnt wnt paid data/charting services)..n very easy to use..no need to import data frm yahoo or google etc..
i hav downloaded data till 5 april..n attching charts..hav a look
but i cudnt find nifty thr..i need to import it or wht? anybody who used ths ..get back if possible..

meanwhile if anybody wants help ...im here..get back to me..
cheers..
sharestrader:cool:

GRORICH

I have found a web-site for free stock charting software,
I downloaded & installed it sucessesfully,
I think this will be really great freeware for interested members,

Here is the link :- http://www.aptistock.com/download.htm

Please reply & guide me.
Hello Chartzone,

The problem with the above software ( Aptistock ) is it does not update current ( yesterday`s ) EOD data , when downloaded. There is a delay of 2 days. Moreover , updating data is also a problem. Hence I have switched to Fibotrader , which is fully supported by Mr Sowmya , a senior and knowledgeble person.
With regards.
Mohan

GRORICH

humnawa
Hi Humnawa,
Just one clarification Mr Humnawa. Are you able to update daily EOD data in Aptistock ? My experience is it gets updated 2 days late. Moreover the red button you had mentioned for updation work only( at lease for me ) for the particular one scrip which we have selected and not for all the scrips. So if you have 250 stocks in a list , you have to select the red button 250 times for updation. Am I correct or wrong ? If i am wrong , kindly inform me the correct method of quick updating .
Regards.
Mohan