Google 1m data downloader

Sir,
Hearty thanks for useful utility.
I am using windows 8 (64 Bit OS), facing same "run-time error 9" problem like Ajeetsingh sir. Any solution?
Thanks
-tkamal
run-time error 9.jpg

Taurus1

Any unusual errors should get fixed with this............. forget the Windows version

Download and install, only 1 MB ---- Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=24417

Date format is a problem, cant figure out how to import the YDM format. Else working fine & got data for 200 symbols.

Another query - Can this util be used for backfill live data during market hours ??
I can't understand how date format error is there....... so far 93 downloads...... if the date format was wrong, by now this thread would be flooded with posts asking to correct it.

Yes it can be used for backfill..
Install SP6 from above link

Work best for one min data
super fast
change import format in amibroker for update, its work perfect...Thanks for wonderful light utility
require one change
1)if data collect in separate folder then gr8, be half of main exe folder
2) adding 5 min for long data downloaded

anyone know how to Auto Update NEW Data (which we downloaded ) in amibroker ..???

travi

I haven't used the tool but just consider the following:

Incase of OS not having the .OCX files already, simply copy-pasting those files in system32 folder or leaving them in current working directory may not work.
Windows also sometimes throws error that are unrelated to the actual problem.

Fix:
Anyway OCX files "need to be" (or something similar) registered so you can look at regsvr or regsvr32 depending on OS bit and then try the rest.

ajeetsingh

Any unusual errors should get fixed with this............. forget the Windows version

Download and install, only 1 MB ---- Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0
https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=24417

I can't understand how date format error is there....... so far 93 downloads...... if the date format was wrong, by now this thread would be flooded with posts asking to correct it.

Yes it can be used for backfill..
Install SP6 from above link
I haven't used the tool but just consider the following:

Incase of OS not having the .OCX files already, simply copy-pasting those files in system32 folder or leaving them in current working directory may not work.
Windows also sometimes throws error that are unrelated to the actual problem.

Fix:
Anyway OCX files "need to be" (or something similar) registered so you can look at regsvr or regsvr32 depending on OS bit and then try the rest.
Tried each and everything and now fed up...
Suddenly remembered that PY Downloader and Nest Backfill is working fine for me so put an end to all efforts and deleted
Anyway thanks for sharing...

LOVEENAJYOTHI

Please throw some more light or any link to lurn about "&+String" Excel function
"&" operator to concatenate strings in Excel
In Microsoft Excel, "&" operator is another way to concatenate cells. This method come in very handy in many scenarios because typing the ampersand sign (&) is much quicker than typing the word "concatenate" :)

Similarly to the CONCATENATE function, you can use "&" in Excel to combine different text strings, cell values and results returned by other functions.

Excel "&" formula examples
To see the concatenation operator in action, let's :

Concatenate the values in A1 and B1:
=A1&B1

Concatenate the values in A1 and B1 separated with a space:
=A1&" "&B1

Concatenate the values in A1, B1 and a text string:
=A1 & B1 & " completed"

Concatenate a string and the result of the TEXT / TODAY function:
="Today is " & TEXT(TODAY(), "dd-mmm-yy")

As demonstrated in the screenshot below, the CONCATENATE function and "&" operator return identical results:

But ,thats not what u need to ask , what u need is to generate a .abb file from Amibroker Batch Action window for importing one or two tickers and then tweak that .abb file using the aforesaid "&" operator in Excel to add remaining tickers and then convert it back to .abb file and then write a batch script to execute .abb as soon as Pydownloader finished its job.
Its all one time task and after that its one click job.

Edit: Sorry i use PyDowloader , hence the name, but it will work for any Folder full of downloaded tickers from any utility.

Last edited:
Tried each and everything and now fed up...
Suddenly remembered that PY Downloader and Nest Backfill is working fine for me so put an end to all efforts and deleted
Anyway thanks for sharing...
and one more by TJ member adsera, Google Downloader (XL downloader)

"&" operator to concatenate strings in Excel
In Microsoft Excel, "&" operator is another way to concatenate cells. This method come in very handy in many scenarios because typing the ampersand sign (&) is much quicker than typing the word "concatenate" :)

Similarly to the CONCATENATE function, you can use "&" in Excel to combine different text strings, cell values and results returned by other functions.

Excel "&" formula examples
To see the concatenation operator in action, let's :

Concatenate the values in A1 and B1:
=A1&B1

Concatenate the values in A1 and B1 separated with a space:
=A1&" "&B1

Concatenate the values in A1, B1 and a text string:
=A1 & B1 & " completed"

Concatenate a string and the result of the TEXT / TODAY function:
="Today is " & TEXT(TODAY(), "dd-mmm-yy")

As demonstrated in the screenshot below, the CONCATENATE function and "&" operator return identical results:

But ,thats not what u need to ask , what u need is to generate a .abb file from Amibroker Batch Action window for importing one or two tickers and then tweak that .abb file using the aforesaid "&" operator in Excel to add remaining tickers and then convert it back to .abb file and then write a batch script to execute .abb as soon as Pydownloader finished its job.
Its all one time task and after that its one click job.

Edit: Sorry i use PyDowloader , hence the name, but it will work for any Folder full of downloaded tickers from any utility.
Thanks
but still far away to resolve... due to excel knowledge