Gold etf

ksesha

Hello,

Should we do one time investment (NFO) in lets say HDFC Gold ETF or should we invest as SIP???
Because SIP fundas say that its not very useful when the proces go up OR down continuously?

Also, does anyone know if the price of gold has ever gone down, is there always appreciation???

Regards,
Kunal.
Decide yourself based on the long term monthly chart

Attachments

rvm123

I think it is fund of funds. they will pool the money and invest in funds which invest in gold. so, they have to share the mgt charges of the fund in which they had invested as well their own funds. Hence, u may buy the funds which are directly investing in gold. They will be available as every unit will cost 1 gm of gold or 1/2 gm of gold.

Now i have a primary question to all experienced people
here. I want to enter in Gold etf.

Does the following two options have any relative advantages or disadvantages??
Option 1
I make a Demat account from SBI , and then go to a broker recommended by them to open a trading account.

Option 2
I go to the broker first and make Demat account and trading account from the same house.

rvm123

Option 2 is advisable. Because some of the brokers / broking institutions (like HDFC, SharekhanICICI, etc) may insist on opening demat account with them only. In which case, if u have already open demat account with SBI, u cannot be in a position to use the same and u may have to open one more demat account. Some brokers may agree to operate the same demat account with SBI. So, it is better u select the broker and decide as per his advice. This is my personal view.