General Trading Chat

Raj232

Israel Attacked by Iran as Mideast Enters Perilous New Phase
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/israel-under-attack-iran-mideast-233000994.html

this is a 1 time retaliation... not a war .. since there was an attack by Israel on Iranian officials in Syria ( Damascus )on April 1, which destroyed the Islamic Republic's consulate building and killed at least 13 people including seven Iranian military personnel

Either :
1. They want retail to sell , so that they can buy before market falls
2. Likely scenario: market is going to go up, so the securities funds are switching to equity funds..

E.g. banknifty was at its pre-covid highs of 32000 level in Jan 2021.
Currently, 48500 level in April 2024

So in 3 yrs 3 months .. Banknifty has given only 16% per year in these bullish times.. which is a pretty low figure.. Likely that Banknifty index will touch the 64K mark soon...
I guess that 16% pa is near the long term average of Banknifty and Nifty. Maybe it is the Nifty has run up more than usual and could do with some cooling off.

Raj232

I guess that 16% pa is near the long term average of Banknifty and Nifty. Maybe it is the Nifty has run up more than usual and could do with some cooling off.
Still I'm not convinced.. it needs to be a sharp upmove before any correction. Yes Midcap/smallcap has had a sharp upmove for a while, but not the mainstream largecaps.

Still I'm not convinced.. it needs to be a sharp upmove before any correction. Yes Midcap/smallcap has had a sharp upmove for a while, but not the mainstream largecaps.
'तुम्हारे मुँह में घी शक्कर

16% P/A is good or average return in trading career?
I think it is average for a broad based index. Sector specific performance may vary. I think 16% is in line with the Balanced Advantage Funds.

Raj232

Metal Traders Get Ready for Fireworks After LME Russia Ban

Metal traders are bracing for dramatic moves after the London Metal Exchange responded to new US and UK sanctions by banning deliveries of any Russian supplies produced after midnight on Friday.

(Bloomberg) -- Metal traders are bracing for dramatic moves after the London Metal Exchange responded to new US and UK sanctions by banning deliveries of any Russian supplies produced after midnight on Friday.
Most of the two dozen market participants interviewed by Bloomberg expect prices of aluminum, copper and nickel to jump when LME trading reopens at 1 a.m. London time on Monday morning.

As a result, traders expected prices to rise on Monday morning, though predictions for the increase varied from a few percent to as much as 10%. Since the nickel squeeze, the LME has put daily limits in place that prevent copper and aluminum prices from rising more than 12% in a day, while nickel has a 15% limit.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world...orks-after-lme-russia-ban-11713118340081.html

travi

Metal Traders Get Ready for Fireworks After LME Russia Ban

Metal traders are bracing for dramatic moves after the London Metal Exchange responded to new US and UK sanctions by banning deliveries of any Russian supplies produced after midnight on Friday.

(Bloomberg) -- Metal traders are bracing for dramatic moves after the London Metal Exchange responded to new US and UK sanctions by banning deliveries of any Russian supplies produced after midnight on Friday.
Most of the two dozen market participants interviewed by Bloomberg expect prices of aluminum, copper and nickel to jump when LME trading reopens at 1 a.m. London time on Monday morning.

As a result, traders expected prices to rise on Monday morning, though predictions for the increase varied from a few percent to as much as 10%. Since the nickel squeeze, the LME has put daily limits in place that prevent copper and aluminum prices from rising more than 12% in a day, while nickel has a 15% limit.

https://www.livemint.com/news/world...orks-after-lme-russia-ban-11713118340081.html
But next cpi will be -0.5% lower so no worries :DD