General Trading Chat

Not only did I mistimed my exit at just above 2620 after it fell 5%(too late) also added some around 2800 (which were also exited at 2620), all this on assumed failing sequential and fear of missing.
Comedy of errors, right now sitting on the fence, hope to buy Bajaj and also DMARt (that I exited) at favourable price.

Vivek
Who does not make mistakes ? All part of the game ,overall if one is doing more right things than wrongs, he is fine . Monitor the buy sequential and time your entry. I am sure it will look like a great entry if one looks at it 1-1.5 years from now.......let the upmove start and then buy

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Who does not make mistakes ? All part of the game ,overall if one is doing more right things than wrongs, he is fine . Monitor the buy sequential and time your entry. I am sure it will look like a great entry if one looks at it 1-1.5 years from now.......let the upmove start and then buy

Smart_trade
Sir
Doing just that, I started investing only from early 2017 following you, had a great run last year and present, also got over my prejudice for the markets by recovering those early trading losses (as I had mentioned) but the entire portfolio was initially built up in a more of a 'loading dose' kind of a manner ( was thinking that am already 40, should have started earlier) adds were taken in corrections but there wasn't a system in portfolio building. Then I started following our beloved sequential system, so this time I thought, let's liquidate almost 90% of the portfolio as we are anyways trading at all time highs and then systematically and patiently build on sequential buys and then hold on with periodic adds and or profit booking with reentries.
Will use all of my patience to build it bit by bit.
Thankyou

Vivek

I dont expect the nifty PE to go to 14 or 15 from current 28 ( these below 15 levels a bear market gets) .....but with the correction and the earnings increasing in next 1-2 quarters ( the earnings improvement has already started from this quarter ) the market is making space for next leg of upmove which will be justified on earnings growth.....

But if earnings dont grow, we could be in a bit of a problem....and we could be in for deeper correction ...but that does not seem likely so far...

Smart_trade

Last edited:

vivektrader

I dont expect the nifty PE to go to 14 or 15 from current 28 ( these below 15 levels a bear market gets) .....but with the correction and the earnings increasing in next 1-2 quarters ( the earnings improvement has already started from this quarter ) the market is making space for next leg of upmove which will be justified on earnings growth.....

But if earnings dont grow, we could be in a bit of a problem....and we could be in for deeper correction ...but that does not seem likely so far...

Smart_trade
Sir,
I am attaching a spreadsheet with various portfolio candidates and their important fundamentals, please guide about percentage capital allocation for core portfolio, what important fundamentals to be considered for the same?

Attachments

Sir,
I am attaching a spreadsheet with various portfolio candidates and their important fundamentals, please guide about percentage capital allocation for core portfolio, what important fundamentals to be considered for the same?
Your portfolio should include pharma ( apart from Biocon ) ,technology and Consumption stocks ....these sectors will lead in future....finance sector may lag behind a little.....rest of the scrips are great.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

Your portfolio should include pharma ( apart from Biocon ) ,technology and Consumption stocks ....these sectors will lead in future....finance sector may lag behind a little.....rest of the scrips are great.

Smart_trade
Ok sir,
Which fundamentals should decide percentage allocation?
How to decide on weightage vis-a-vis capital

Vivek

Ok sir,
Which fundamentals should decide percentage allocation?
How to decide on weightage vis-a-vis capital

Vivek
Fundamentals such as growth in sales,growth in profits and our judgement about which companies will outperform ,,,so allocate more to companies on which you have more faith....but have some max exposure rules for the sector and companies.....like not more than 50 % in finance/banks and NBFC and not more than 25 % in any one company.

One way is allocate equal % to all...but that portfolio will not give aggressive returns but it will give above average returns.

Bajaj Finance, HDFC Bank,Kotak Bank have maximum allocation in my portfolio so far ( but I am thinking of reducing finance /banks/NBFC allocation) but I also have pharma,consumption and tech sectors stocks.

Smart_trade

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Fundamentals such as growth in sales,growth in profits and our judgement about which companies will outperform ,,,so allocate more to companies on which you have more faith....

One way is allocate equal % to all...but that portfolio will not give aggressive returns but it will give above average returns.

Bajaj Finance, HDFC Bank,Kotak Bank have maximum allocation in my portfolio so far ( but I am thinking of reducing finance /banks/NBFC allocation) but I also have pharma,consumption and tech sectors stocks.

Smart_trade
Regarding tech stocks.How is TataElxsi