General Trading Chat

The news over the weekend by interim FM was a senti boost which may have reflected in the opening but I think the larger picture is if the election euphoria is over :D
and if we can get back to Macros.
Regardless of the index, these scrips have dipped simply to fill the gap. I guess any upmove in the index will see them gain in the positive. Just my view.

ok some senior traders can helpout. something other than charts. Lets say one wants to trade multiple lot size( lets say 4) How do you enter the position. In one go or thru multiple adds. for a trend swing trader if one isnt stopped out for 2 days then slow add positions as and when the move is working or thru one go where you start making money from the word go or loosing it from word go.
All at once, as my risk is defined prior to entry. Ideal scenario is where the profits from 3 lots = 4th Lot, thus making the 4th lot a risk-free or free trade.

Demart again down 5%,. Ashok Leyland 7%

pannet1

ok some senior traders can helpout. something other than charts. Lets say one wants to trade multiple lot size( lets say 4) How do you enter the position. In one go or thru multiple adds. for a trend swing trader if one isnt stopped out for 2 days then slow add positions as and when the move is working or thru one go where you start making money from the word go or loosing it from word go.
hiya lemendew,

scaling in was very bad for psychology. seems market had the way to chicken me out easily.
scaling out had worked out well.

for a coward like me, if i am short 4 lots, i get out of 2 or 3 lots immediately after the price moved a little bit in my favor. then i could have the balls to hold the 1 or 2 lot till my stop loss is hit or market is giving me long signal to go flat.

how much to scale out first depends on how confident i am in my short position and one could get out slowly depending on that.