General Trading Chat

Rakesh Jhunjhunwala says he makes 15-16 % post tax on his investments and he is very happy with it...

He says index 1,00,000 is certain the question is when...

Smart_trade
ST da,

15-16% in a month or year? :D:D

We, as traders, expect that every month :lol::lol: I guess Rakesh ji will be in the last rank among our traders (he will be in close competition with Buffet for that last rank actually :rofl::rofl:) - poor Mr.Rakesh.

ST da,

We, as traders, expect that every month :lol::lol: I guess Rakesh ji will be in the last rank among our traders (he will be in close competition with Buffet for that last rank actually :rofl::rofl:)
Yes he mentioned per annum. I viewed that interview just 1 hour back.
He has a large capital so making 15-60 % per year post tax is 19-20 % per annum pretax..on large capital the game is different.

Many years ago I met a very large trader cum badla financer and he used to borrow money at 15-16 % per annum and deploy in his business....we became friends and he summed up as " you try to make over 150-200 % on small capital of 5 to 10 Lakhs...and you have to take larger risk...where as I make 20-22 % per annum with minimum risk but on 20 Cr capital ." So even if he makes clean 5 % over and above his cost of funds but with negligible risk, he still makes Rs 1 Cr per annum.

Smart_trade

princy01

ST da,

We, as traders, expect that every month :lol::lol: I guess Rakesh ji will be in the last rank among our traders (he will be in close competition with Buffet for that last rank actually :rofl::rofl:) - poor Mr.Rakesh.
he makes 100 crore maybe more every year so 16% for him good enough considering the big amount

so its you who is misunderstanding him :D , he is nowhere poor trader

ST da,

.............and he does not have to post his ledger or ITR to prove that he makes money..that is the best part.:D:lol:

Anyways just joking ...

Smart_trade

ap*

Sir few people try to bully if someone is posting eod trades, because they think there is a realtime competition going on, maybe in their minds

I am not here to compete, just to gain and share some knowledge :)
Between posting real time and making money i would any day choose to make money real time :) . About being bullied i think anonymity gives everyone here enough of cover to not care about it.

Sir few people try to bully if someone is posting eod trades, because they think there is a realtime competition going on, maybe in their minds

I am not here to compete, just to gain and share some knowledge :)
Never lose sight of your goal...what is your goal ? to be a good trader and earn lots of money and happiness or prove something to someone which does not make even a one rupee difference to you.

ST

Yes he mentioned per annum. I viewed that interview just 1 hour back.
He has a large capital so making 15-60 % per year post tax is 19-20 % per annum pretax..on large capital the game is different.

Many years ago I met a very large trader cum badla financer and he used to borrow money at 15-16 % per annum and deploy in his business....we became friends and he summed up as " you try to make over 150-200 % on small capital of 5 to 10 Lakhs...and you have to take larger risk...where as I make 20-22 % per annum with minimum risk but on 20 Cr capital ." So even if he makes clean 5 % over and above his cost of funds but with negligible risk, he still makes Rs 1 Cr per annum.

Smart_trade
Absolutely Sir. I understand.

I was just pointing out the undue pressure traders put on themselves to earn more returns. Anything above 100% sounds glamorous :) Key is to survive for 10 years making money consistently in stock markets..even at 40% per annum for 10 years with 10 lacs starting capital(assuming we dont withdraw funds on the way) can be a very big amount.