General Trading Chat

Following the market where it goes requires extensive experience. It's more psychological - undoing that markets can do anything - not just stopping everytime at support/resistance

But when one gets started in trading - even for mid level traders - you end up burning yourself badly by just following the markets - by not managing the volatility - and then it's the fear in unconsicous mind that starts kicking in these beliefs' - isse upper nahi jaa sakti market - let me buy puts/short sell

Question - How does a swing trader manage gap up/down - let's assume your system gave you strong signal yesterday before EOD - and you went short and today markets gap up 100+ points - all the Money Management would go for toss : 7500 loss on 1.5 to 2L/lot --> 3.5%-4% loss --> How does one tackle those situations - Book loss - respecting the market at open - as one can't assume ki market will respect support/resistence - right
Every trader has to find a way of handling this issue. One way is saying stops are loo much away so I will pass the trade...another way is can I do something which will catch the trend as well as not step out of my risk control...so everyone has to work on that. Market is not interested in problems....it wants solutions.

I have posted how I handle it...it is my way of handling this....I do this everytime and have found it work.Some say that it does not work for them,, so they will have their own solutions...but solution we must find out....else say no trade...watching it go up.

Smart_trade

pratapvb

getting bored with these one way trend days.... nothing to do but shift SL

:D

To answer a last para, if a sell signal is received and we take a sell and the market does not go 35-40 points in our direction, I close the trade and wait for fresh trade tomorrow.....this has helped me avoid gaps against our position to a great extent. In new trend I even take a option for initial period to safeguard against a gap against our position.

All swing traders need to find their solutions to this issue....else one cannot be a swing trader.

ST

arsh22g

From a psychological perspective, tomorrow might be a sell-off because of the long weekend. Players might want to get out to avoid any risk and re-enter on Tuesday.

What say?

From a psychological perspective, tomorrow might be a sell-off because of the long weekend. Players might want to get out to avoid any risk and re-enter on Tuesday.

What say?
Maybe.. or maybe the bulls will believe that they have the bears by the shorts & curlies and won't relax their grip :D

7500+ is likely to spread panic in the bear camp.

Fundootrader

Maybe.. or maybe the bulls will believe that they have the bears by the shorts & curlies and won't relax their grip :D

7500+ is likely to spread panic in the bear camp.
fear i already spread post 7450 -- 7500 will have retailers buying :)