Galts Gulch - Visible Invisible / Invisibly Visible

krist

Do you call developed, when you keep spending more money to find more weapons to kill more humans?

Do you call developed, when a company (MNC, at that), Shamelessly, tests its Infant food directly on Infants in South Africa, thereby killing millions of infants? Gynecologists here will know which company i'm talking about.

Do you call developed, when out of Greed (to control the Oil wells, to be precise), you attack another Sovereign land?

Do you call developed, when you tax a working guy to pay a non - working guy?
Even I hate all the things you mentioned, but it reminds me of something I read:
"Its a jungle out there. If they know you are injured, they move in for the kill."

What is the purpose of this Rat race and where all this is leading to?
May be we humans have not risen above "Aahar, nidra, bhayam, maithunam cha"?

DSM

GG,

Actually your quote is quite profound, and it set me thinking.... in practical (trading scenario) if one has faith in the indicator or a system (something outside of self), and not in the 'I' (the self) it will not be of much use, as the trader even if believing in the indicator/system, but not in the self, will unable be able to take the trade, or even if he has taken it, will start second guessing himself. And the simple conclusion is this : For trading to work, a trader has to start from within, the 'I'

Running behind ILLUSIONS .. We forgot The Absolute Truth ...

Running behind Pretensions.... about every thing outside ... OTHERS ... THAT WE FORGOT WHAT IT IS TO BE 'I' ... JUST BEING ONE WITH 'I'

Galts Gulch

GG,

Actually your quote is quite profound, and it set me thinking.... in practical (trading scenario) if one has faith in the indicator or a system (something outside of self), and not in the 'I' (the self) it will not be of much use, as the trader even if believing in the indicator/system, but not in the self, will unable be able to take the trade, or even if he has taken it, will start second guessing himself. And the simple conclusion is this : For trading to work, a trader has to start from within, the 'I'
ABSOLUTELY ...
Running behind ... "WE" ... "US" ... "Society" ... etc .... We tend to under estimate that "I" is THE BASE for every thing ....

To quote our favorite and my all time mentor Ayn Rand ...

"To say 'I love you' ... one must first be able to say the 'I.'"

"AHAM TAT SAT" ... I'M THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH"

Galts Gulch

IT revolution practically destroyed whatever the chance we had of Being Human and Humane.

We invented computer and we also invented Virus. We invented Firewall. We also invented Malware.

We invented e mail and forgot the joy of writing.

It was mandatory to write letters (on the 15 paisa postal cards) to our parents in the boarding school that I studied.
I seriously doubt, if my daughter will write even a single letter to me throughout my / her life.

We invented Chat and are destroying English, as a language, by the hour and by the day.

We invented networking sites and forgot what it is to socialize, forgot what it is to meet in person.
We are so proud that we are on Orkut, Twitter, FB etc. Are we on anybody’s mind, heart and soul?

We have so many e mail accounts and mobile numbers. How many friends do we have?

We are so very proud that we invented e commerce, m commerce and so many, so called advanced technologies.
Did we invent One Single New Way to find people, to find Family, to find relatives and to find friends?
Computers did reduce the work load, But it also reduced number of works, reducing jobs.

We are so regular in checking, commenting and replying to all e mails, posts, updates.
Are we also regular in calling and meeting our family and friends?

We are Virtually so close to e mail and chat buddies.
Why are we, in Real, so far from our own family and friends?

We give computers to our children and then install Spyware to know what they do in computers.
How long shall we run from our own family and friends?
How long shall we run from our own people?

How long shall we run from "I"
When do we find LIFE?

When do we find GALT'S GULCH ....

Galts Gulch

Invisible Economic Sense .....

All of us have heard about Lord Krishna stealing Butter from Gopikas' ....

Few people laugh about it ... Few shockingly ask why? ... Few people are afraid to ask why? ...

The way I see it ... as I think Krishna as An Economist at par ....

In that age, Brindavan (where Krishna and Gopikas' Lived) was a Village and Mathura was city / town, where Gopikas' were planning to sell their Butter for better and Higher price ...

If Gopikas' start selling Butter in Mathura, Brindavan children will not get butter, there by depriving of the nutrition's ... Vitamins ... etc of butter ... Then they will not have enough strength to play, work and earn (once they grow up) ... And Gopikas' will become Greedy once they taste the higher MRP in Mathura ... And that greed can spill on to few other things as well .... and because of all this, Brindavan, as an economy will collapse ... If this happens, over a period of time, Mathura (or any other city) will also suffer as any city / town / Metro will depend on village/s for all the Agri products ....

In that ERA itself, Krishna (being one of the greatest Thinkers to have lived) had realized that Self Sustainability ... Rural Swaraj is fer more important than lateral selling / exports ....

We, as Resident Indians, who travel abroad for holidays want USD to weak against Re ... so that we can get higher USD against smaller Re available ... Will a company, exporting to USA, think that way? NO ... They want USD to be stronger against Re so that they get higher Billing which helps their bottom line profit .... Do not we know of the companies that ONLY export than selling in local market, to get higher price? and Governments go all out to help these export companies for better Forex Reserves ....

DOES IT MAKE ANY SENSE?

Catch22

Thought of bringing it here and share with you folks 'THINKERS'
It's sad the govts don't do much or none at all for handicapped elders in our states .And wanted to quote what You both had to say earlier.
"Shame on me ... Shame on you ... Shame on all Individuals who help this kind of .... do not know what to call if not "CRIME" / "SIN" –Galts Gulch
Another delegation had gone to Australia and New Zealand to 'study poverty' If they really wanted to, they only would have to go to their constituency.-DSM[/COLOR]

[I am encouraged thoroughly by what the person in the photo is doing ,but it also hurts ,and the mind goes running astray , thinking of his family .May be he has no children or [maybe they aren't responsible enough.]

Galts Gulch

i have to say i will have to read the books by Ayn Rand and find out who and what is Galts Gultch :)
John Galt is The Protagonist of Rand's Atlas Shrugged ... He is The Ultimate Symbol of What The Man (forget the gender) should be like .... He resents all kinds of thoughts, feelings, actions against the Individuality of a MAN. He fights against the Govt in his own ways ... By convincing all MEN of thoughts and Action to join and be with HIM. And all those Able, Creative, thoughtful MEN ... Doctor ... Professor ... Investment banker ... Entrepreneurs ... All those ... on whom the society, The Public and the Govt rely and depend on for inventions, products, profits, services ... You name it ... All start disappearing one by one with John Galt ....

The Place where they disappear to is .... Galt's Gulch .... Unknown ...Un heard ... Invisible ... Un touchable ... Un Destructible ...

Loka Traya Teetaha ... Kaala Traya Teetaha ....

If at all you decide to read Rand ... BEWARE ... When I read Atlas Shrugged ... My whole system ... My entity ... My whole being CRASHED ... Almost for a fort night, I could not eat ... sleep ... do anything ...

When my system re booted ... I found a ALL NEW 'I" ...

"I swear on my Life and Love of it that I do not LIVE for the sake of another MAN ... Nor do I expect another MAN to LIVE for the sake on MINE "

"I do ... Whatever I do .... ONLY BECAUSE I ENJOY DOING IT ...without the Greed of Profit ... without the fear of failure ... Not because of the public ... Not for the society .... Purely because I enjoy doing it ... "

You have the Power to destroy and Kill me ... You do not have the power to make me Live on your terms"

John Galt is the Prime example and fore runner of Individualism and Individuality

:clap::thumb::clapping:

Galts Gulch

thanks for giving warning in advance .

if at all i am now even more inclined to read it :)
Welcome Aboard .... Ayn Rand Fan Club .....

Rand should easily be the highly under rated Economist / Philosophic of this generation ..... Though she has influenced people across 4 poles ... There is a Rand Fan Club in most of the countries ....

Do read "Atlas Shrugged ... Fiction to fact in 52 years" in none other than Wall Street Journal .... I posted it on some thread ... Blame it on my poor memory, not sure, where I posted it ... Should be on a Thread by DSM ... He is a Rand fan as well ...