Futures trading

Hello dear all, Good evening! I like to do NSE futures trading...how to start? Is it good like equity delivery? Please reply.

Sam55

Abana21,
F&O has huge potential for profits (as well as loss). If you have had good experience investing in stocks, you could do that in F&O as well. However, let me warn you of the huge risks involved.

I am optimistic about eventually doing well in that. However, my recent experience has been pretty bad. I have had a successful experience in the delivery based trading. However, when I tried my hand in futures I had some setbacks. The reasons are the following:

1. It is leveraged bet. In other words, a margin amount of about INR 50-60,000 can give exposure of INR 3-5,00,000 in the security. Which is great on the upside but equally bad on the down side unless you have very strict stop loss.

2.I subscribed to a advisory service called HBJ capital (also known as Stoplosstrade.com) and they seemed impressive on the website. I asked them for their past trades and they sent a very successful, month by month list promising 30% return per month. I tried out a few trades and it worked well. However, subsequently, when I started increasing my bets, the results were catastrophic and I suffered huge losses since they do not believe in stoplosses. Now, they do not answer my phone calls or emails.

I WANT TO PUBLICISE THIS INFORMATION SO THAT FELLOW TRADERS DO NOT FALL VICTIM TO SUCH SCAMS.

All the best,
Sam55