Fund to invest

coming to you tax fund (ELSS) check out Reliance Tax Saver Fund as well. This is the only fund which has sustained the recent fall of sensex to a great extenct.

disclaimer: me or anybody in my family have any stake in reliance :)

Pravise,
coming to the gilt fund, these are funds invested only in govt securities. They are with almost zero risk. yes its not completely risk free but they are nearing to zero risk. note that the returns of these funds are also very much on the lower side.

H

hetal1284

sarathc said:
1. HDFC Tax Saver
2. HDFC Long Term Advantage Fund
3. Franklin India Tax Shield
4. Birla Equity Plan
5. Magnum Taxgain
6. Sundaram Tax Saver
7. Prudential ICICI Tax Plan

have been the better performing funds for quite sometime in ELSS category (nothing different from a reply given to a similar question in this thread itself previously!).
i think Pru ICICI, Reliance, Franklin and DSPML are the best to choose from these days

hetal1284 said:
i think Pru ICICI, Reliance, Franklin and DSPML are the best to choose from these days
Actually, they are actually the Asset Management Companies - not the fund schemes themselves. Each of these Companies runs quite a few fund schemes (e.g., Pru ICICI - Discovery, Emerging STAR; Reliance - Growth, Vision, Equity Opportunities; Franklin - Prima, Prima Plus, Bluechip; DSPML - Top 100, TIGER). You can choose the ones among such offered schemes and continue with your investments. It's to be ensured that the fund(s) being selected match your risk taking ability.

Last edited:
refer my portfolio below and can chose some of them,this portfolio has been validate by some experts on moneycontrol and validated with Outlook Money latest edition too

Core Funds
1. HDFC Equity
2. DSP ML Opportunities
3. Franklin Flexicap
4. HDFC Tax saver

Satellite Funds
1. DSP Ml TIGER (Aggressive)
2. Sundaram Select Midcap (Midcap fund)
3. Magnum Contra (A Contra fund)

I have a 7 K SIP in these funds from the last 1 year and keep validating it every 6 months. I have dropped Franklin India Bluechip for Flexicap earlier

Hope this helps and other experts are free to comment to help me better my portfolio

Regards
Dominic

Consider Quantum Long Term Equity Fund (it follows value-style investment) in your core holdings. The fund management is highly cost-conscious; and they have enormous experience in investment finance, especially in the Indian markets.

I'm not saying that you should jump in right away. My suggestion for you is to track its performance over a period of time (along with the study you make for other funds you already hold in your portfolio), before taking an investment decision.

Last edited: