Free RT data from Google

How many of u all desperately need Google RT instead of Yahoo RT

• Total voters

mastermind007

Good to know that quite a few believe that google is a countable source of live intraday data. Has anybody made any efforts to use this data? Please share information on how you have attempted to download?

1) At Google finance site.

2) On Google documents

3) By downloading onto your system, may be into an excel file or otherwise.

Thanks.

murthymsr
I just used it yesterday. It is good

I have been using Google Finance for fetching index spot rates. I developed python code which I am attaching.

Be warned that while I developed this utility to be highly resource efficient with multithreading in mind, if you update it quicker than 5 seconds, then Google will kick you out for a few hours. Also there is a latency of 2-5 seconds for Google data, which is however much better than Yahoo.

Usage:
1. cd to the directory where the file is located
2. googdata.py NIFTY BANKNIFTY INDIAVIX RELIANCE SBIN {...}
3. Data is written in txt files inside C:\Data folder (created automagically if !exists), with the instrument name as the filename. For example NIFTY.txt, SBIN.txt, etc.
4. Customize the code to suit your need and use the data.

Of course ensure that you already have python installed and is added to your path.

Enjoy!

http://paste2.org/NAvWMbXG

carnot11

I have been using Google Finance for fetching index spot rates. I developed python code which I am attaching.

Be warned that while I developed this utility to be highly resource efficient with multithreading in mind, if you update it quicker than 5 seconds, then Google will kick you out for a few hours. Also there is a latency of 2-5 seconds for Google data, which is however much better than Yahoo.

Usage:
1. cd to the directory where the file is located
2. googdata.py NIFTY BANKNIFTY INDIAVIX RELIANCE SBIN {...}
3. Data is written in txt files inside C:\Data folder (created automagically if !exists), with the instrument name as the filename. For example NIFTY.txt, SBIN.txt, etc.
4. Customize the code to suit your need and use the data.

Of course ensure that you already have python installed and is added to your path.

Enjoy!

http://paste2.org/NAvWMbXG
Hello,

Thanks for the link. Appreciate your hard work.

Free utility to fetch and export Google RT data to Amibroker / F-Charts / etc.. is not available.

Please I request you to write down step by step instructions for the benifit of all.

Thanks again.

Enjoy,
CArnot

mastermind007

hi shemz,

i've searched for some utility that converts eod to historical data. No success.
can i request u to make something that can do that?
thanks
First, tell me what is difference between EOD and historical data?