Fire your tax related queries and i would get it solved!!!

Are you able to understand the replies and act accordingly to this thread ??

• Yes, able to understand BUT NOT able to take suggested course

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Somewhat able to take desicions, BUT seek professional help in my area

• Find it tough to understand the replies hence always seek other professional help

• Not able to understand any of the replies !!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

canikhil

Traderniftybullji,
Thanks for the calculations. If quantity increases then profit should also increase in that ratio. Else would end of earning for government only.
The breakeven point with Finvasia was very low when traded in options so wanted to focus on that. Will talk with CA also who manages my returns .

Nikhilji ,
Till date , My CA regularly prepared balance sheet ( submit ITR-3 ) etc. Will share the updates with him also. Thanks again for the help. Audit was not done till date. The income was from IT Consultancy and not from Trading in Market.
To be honest, got no idea why this formula is used. Once you take sales side as turnover, ideally there should not be any need for adding the difference also. But this is what ICAI proposed in the tax audit guidance note, so you gotta follow it (at least your CA has to)

Your CA should know all this. he should be updating you, not the other way around!

Raj232

the weird part is not the sell side..weird part is the difference being added to sell side to get the turnover!
My understanding is that there are several companies who are in the business of selling options (i..e. collecting premium) against their futures holdings. Those transactions expire mostly worthless (zero at the end of the month).
"Premium received on sale of options is to be included in turnover."

In such cases the complete sell price (i.e. total premium received) as there is no corresponding buy transaction (since it expires worthless) would be considered to be included as turnover.

So the provision was made in I.Tax Act to include the above type of trader as well :)

canikhil

My understanding is that there are several companies who are in the business of selling options (i..e. collecting premium) against their futures holdings. Those transactions expire mostly worthless (zero at the end of the month).

In such cases the complete sell price (i.e. total premium received) as there is no corresponding buy transaction (since it expires worthless) would be considered to be included as turnover.

So the provision was made in I.Tax Act to include the above type of trader as well :)
may be. But I don't think so. Because if I go by your assumption, the difference between buy and sell would anyway be sell price only!

Exactly, and this is what I want to listen (though I knew it beforehand, but want to listen from you guys)
The rule for inclusion of sell value should have been made for these option writers, who do not close their sell trades, at epiry.
But the fools there (framing rules) applied it on all traders, without applying their heads. :mad: :(
And as this ridiculous rules is in favour of every one, except option (buy) traders, no one tried to change/amend it for option writers only.

canikhil

Exactly, and this is what I want to listen (though I knew it beforehand, but want to listen from you guys)
The rule for inclusion of sell value should have been made for these option writers, who do not close their sell trades, at epiry.
But the fools there (framing rules) applied it on all traders, without applying their heads. :mad: :(
And as this ridiculous rules is in favour of every one, except option (buy) traders, no one tried to change/amend it for option writers only.
not in agreement with you friend. what I am saying is that you should just have sell as the turnover and ignore the difference. That is what traditional accounting is.

not in agreement with you friend. what I am saying is that you should just have sell as the turnover and ignore the difference. That is what traditional accounting is.
Agreed
But, then why special treatment for calculating future trading turnover,
Calculating TO and so taxation rules are highly tilted (beneficially) towards furture TO

lekin yeh kahaan ka insaaf hua ki
to earn a profit of say 50 points in option our TO is taken as 4000 (or any such figure) a + b, or even b the sell value is too much.
and
to earn a profit of say 50 points in futures our TO is 50 only, that is our profit is our TO

BTW, I am considering only profit here (as the rules are same for loss also)