File your tax return in Time this year

Satya.

i always send all data right on 2nd april to my CA . but he is like karte hai na ho jayae ga.. i will do it when i come from vacation in june 2nd week lol
Same with me. I don't know why they're so lazy. Mine isn't a relative but he charges less. :p
same wid me,my ca 2 charge vry less,mine is non-audit ITR
i gave documents on 12th june n he dint file yet

NJ78

It seems like the govt is going to make quite a bit of extra income from these new fines even if the taxpayer isn't at fault.

Here's a very real scenario -- I have a younger relative who works in a managerial position in a real estate company in Mumbai. The company hasn't paid salaries in almost 8 months. When the salary does get disbursed, it happens erratically which in turn affects TDS, advance tax payment and eventually, tax filing which often gets delayed by up to a year on a rolling basis. Even for this FY, the company has made it clear that salaries won't come on time and they're still late on PF & tax payment related to the previous FY. The head of this company is "well connected" and beyond reproach.

So in this case, unless there's some contextual relief to the employee, I'm guessing my relative would still have to pay the 5k penalty for the inevitable delay in tax filing for no fault but that of the company's delay. Or, is there some provision for a case like this?
I will suggest that your relative still file the return in time with the existing information available to him. If the employer files the TDS returns later, and issue form 16, then revise the return to reflect the changes.
@canikhil This is a follow-up to my earlier question posted 24 Jun 2018

To summarize: One of my younger relatives works in a Mumbai-based real estate firm. His full salary has not been paid in almost 10 months now though he receives bits & pieces on a significantly delayed basis. This inevitably leads to a further delay in filing tax returns.

Since this year onwards there's a penalty for delayed filing, he has no option but to file by 31 Aug. As you advised, he'd be filing based on available info & then file a revised return when the company eventually pays the rest of his salary & corresponding tax.

Now here's the problem. So far, the company has paid only 15% of his total receivable salary for FY 2017-18. This particular amount is far below the taxable limit (normally he comes in the 20% bracket). Curiously though, the company has deducted TDS for this "part salary" but they haven't paid it to the tax dept. As a result, his Form 26AS for FY 2017-18 is totally blank.

So how do we proceed in this scenario? Do we still file or not file because it's confusing what exactly do we enter in the ITR form? Apart from the 15% part salary (which on its own is below the taxable limit) and some savings account interest, there's nothing else to declare at the moment.

Kindly advise. Thank you