Fchart Formula

Re: zig zag swing formula in Fchart

Fchart users may use the following formulas for zig zig swing. It is not a buy or sell formula. With help of the formula you can find the trend of the stock very easily on the main chart i.e whether the stock is in uptrend ( higher top & higher bottom formation) or in downtrend ( lower top & lower bottom formation).

Condition (1) : LOW = LOWEST_LOW[5] AND LOW = LOWEST_LOW[-5] AND LOW * -1

Condition (2) : HIGH = HIGHEST_HIGH[5] AND HIGH = HIGHEST_HIGH[-5] AND HIGH * -1

Cheers

Himadri
Dear Sir,

This condition is working as more than 80% success ratio. Please give any stoploss order condition to protect the profits by maintaining this success ratio. I shall be very thankful to you.

Jitender Sharma

Dear Sir,

This condition is working as more than 80% success ratio. Please give any stoploss order condition to protect the profits by maintaining this success ratio. I shall be very thankful to you.

Jitender Sharma
In this type of swing if you take any position, please leave one day after the signal (1) or (2) generated. Like if any signal arises today, you watch out tomorrow and see that lowest low or highest high is violated or not. if violated the signal will reposition tomorrow. Now If not violated, take position day after tomorrow with Stop Loss (2% below C1_Close or C2_Close) that means if you buy, stop loss would be low on which signal 1 occured less 2% and for sell, stop loss would be high on which signal 2 occured + 2%. Hope the same is clear to you.

Cheers

Himadri

Last edited:

In this type of swing if you take any position, please leave one day after the signal (1) or (2) generated. Like if any signal arises today, you watch out tomorrow and see that lowest low or highest high is violated or not. if violated the signal will reposition tomorrow. Now If not violated, take position day after tomorrow with Stop Loss (2% below C1_Close or C2_Close) that means if you buy, stop loss would be low on which signal 1 occured less 2% and for sell, stop loss would be high on which signal 2 occured + 2%. Hope the same is clear to you.

Cheers

Himadri
Dear Sir,

I understand but please make it's formula for stoploss because i am just new in fcharts. I am unable to do it.

Dear Sir,

I understand but please make it's formula for stoploss because i am just new in fcharts. I am unable to do it.
Sorry Sir,

I understand this formula in live charts today. It's signal is changing with each candle. So, it will change in daily charts also. So, .......... Please give me the formula which will be the best strategy for intraday and swing trading or short term players. Please help me to earn. I shall be very thankful to you.

Jitender Sharma

Sorry Sir,

I understand this formula in live charts today. It's signal is changing with each candle. So, it will change in daily charts also. So, .......... Please give me the formula which will be the best strategy for intraday and swing trading or short term players. Please help me to earn. I shall be very thankful to you.

Jitender Sharma
I already explained that Fchart Free version has limited indicator / oscillators based on which formulas are developed. However please go through the following link to have some idea on development of formula for Fchart Se :-

http://www.traderji.com/f-chart/18957-best-buy-sell-signals.html

For short term / swing trading / intraday you may experiment with the following set of fomulas and try to find out which suits your requirement. In the mean time if you have some strategy based on available indicators / oscillators in Fchart SE, you may write in details, so that I can develop the same.

For intraday:

Condition (1) EMA C, 5 > EMA O, 6

Condition (2) EMA C, 5 < EMA O, 6

For short term / swing trading:-

Condition (1) : ( O + H + L + C ) / 4 > EMA 1 / 4 * (P O + P H + P L + P C), 4

Condition (2) : ( O + H + L + C ) / 4 < EMA 1 / 4 * (P O + P H + P L + P C), 4

Note : Indicator Settings: EMA 1 = 9, EMA2, 12 AND EMA3 = 26
-----------

Condition (1) : C > O AND SMA C, 5 > SMA C, 20

Condition (2) : SMA C, 5 < SMA C, 20

Cheers

Himadri

Last edited:
Himadriji

What is the RMO indicator? I was perusing through some Metastock forums, where this was being discussed. Seems to be an indicator for Exiting Shorts.

Any formula available for the above?

Hi Himadri
Can I request you to code the following for FCharts SE edition...
I've taken this formula from another software (I'm not a technical person...am new to this field...But am trying to understand things by reading this forum). I've found this formula somewhat more indicatve than others...
Also please check and revert if this will work for Intraday...
IF STO%K >= STO%D
THEN GO LONG
ELSE
IF STO%K <= STO%D
OR C(t)-BUY_PR < - BUY_PR*p/100
THEN GO SHORT
where STO%K is %K fast stochastic oscillator;
STO%D is %D fast stochastic oscillator;
C(t) - closing price; p - percentage loss
BUY_PR last buying price;

warm regards...rajesh bhapkar

I take this priviledge to inform all members of this forum who are using Fchart that Fcharts are also widely used all over the world alongwith other softwares like Metastock, Advanced get, Amobroker etc. I felt it necessary to open a new thred for Fchart users where they can have discussions specifically on Fchart rather than posting it all over the forum. I sent a request to "Traderji" who has kindly considered my request and allowed me to open the thred for Fchart in software catagory. I have been using Fchart Pro for last six years. In this forum I would be happy to to share my experience with all Fchart users.

In compliement of the above forum I am giving below the formula for "Inside Bar" in Fchart:-

Day traders will look forward for a stock which has made inside trading bar in last trading day to find out next days decissive move. Here is a formula for Inside Bar (((H < H[1], (H = H[1], (H - H[1] < 2)), (OR (L > L[1], L = L[1], (C[1] - C) < 2))))). Put the formula in UDI. When its value is -1.0, its a inside Bar, otherwise its value is always 0. To scan inside bar put formula UDI = -1.0 and LastDayOnly = true and find out which are the stocks have formed inside bar in last trading day.

Cheers

Himadri:

Hi Himadri
Can I request you to code the following for FCharts SE edition...
I've taken this formula from another software (I'm not a technical person...am new to this field...But am trying to understand things by reading this forum). I've found this formula somewhat more indicatve than others...
Also please check and revert if this will work for Intraday...
IF STO%K >= STO%D
THEN GO LONG
ELSE
IF STO%K <= STO%D
OR C(t)-BUY_PR < - BUY_PR*p/100
THEN GO SHORT
where STO%K is %K fast stochastic oscillator;
STO%D is %D fast stochastic oscillator;
C(t) - closing price; p - percentage loss
BUY_PR last buying price;

warm regards...rajesh bhapkar
Fchart Se version does not have stochastic oscillators. So any formula based on on the above parameters will not support in SE version.

Himadri

Himadriji

What is the RMO indicator? I was perusing through some Metastock forums, where this was being discussed. Seems to be an indicator for Exiting Shorts.

Any formula available for the above?
RMO (Rahul Mohinder Oscillator) is used in Metastock for swing trading. So far no formula is available in Fchart based on the above. However if you are using Metastock, I can provide the same.

Himadri

Last edited:
hi

Himadriji

I'm a new to Fcharts and wud like to learn this s/w

I was watching ur from last few days, could u pls explainn stepwise, how to enter a formula into FC and how to display the indicator on the cart nad is it possible to scn the stocks for a specific formula.

waiting for ur reply

thanx

ds2778:)