Explanation Please

atulaw

Go Long = Buy
Go Short = Sell

Stay long = hold your buy position
Stay Short = hold your sell position

Basically shorting is where you sell some stocks BEFORE buying them. You sell when you think trend is moving downwards and buy back later at cheaper prices.
You can do this only in intraday positions. Read some threads that are stickied at the beginner's forum.

Go Long = Buy
Go Short = Sell

Basically shorting is where you sell some stocks BEFORE buying them. You sell when you think trend is moving downwards and buy back later at cheaper prices.
You can do this only in intraday positions. Read some threads that are stickied at the beginner's forum.
Hi,

Thanks!!! One more doubt!
>>> It means I should not sell the stock (what i have bought) even it goes high and I should wait. Right?

>>>It means, I should not buy the stock (what i have short sold) even it goes down and I should wait. Right?

Or holding is a process in my trading account?

atulaw

Generally stay recommendations are suggested when the price moves against you. They are just suggesting to hold the position for some more time, because the trend might re-enter in your favor.

Generally stay recommendations are suggested when the price moves against you. They are just suggesting to hold the position for some more time, because the trend might re-enter in your favor.
Excellent! Thank you very much for the explanation. I like you. :)