expert advice needed .....pls help..funds...

dear expert/members,
iam 32 and iam already investing 10,000/month in equity diversified funds past 6 months through sip

large & mid--hdfc top 200--Rs 2500 (1500 + 1000 in two different dates ofsip)
large cap--dsp top 100- Rs 2000
large & mid--BSL FRONTLINE-Rs 1500
multicap--RRSF EQUITY-Rs 1500
mid & small cap--BSL DIVIDEND Y-Rs 1500
mid & small cap --ICICI DISCOVERY-Rs 1000

1.....I wanna increase my investment by another Rs.5000/MONTH.Should I INCREASE MY SIP AMOUNT IN AN ONGOING SIP in aboove funds ??IN WHICH OF THE ABOVE FUNDS SHOULD I INCREASE SIP amount and if so how much to each funds??iam confused. OR should i go for few other top rated funds like, hdfc equity, dspbr equity,fidelity equity,franklin india bluechip,idfc imperial eqity,idfc premier equity plan A,fidelity india growth,prudence,rrsf balnced....????????????????/

2....which among the two is a better fund ? fidelity equity or fidelity india growth??

3... Is starting a SIP in fidelity tax advantage from jan 2011--march 2012 advisable(considering dtc from april 2012)??

4...How is my present portfolio allocation ? Want it to be large cap tilted . my investment is to achieve my long term goals (for my kids )...say 10 to 15 years. willing to take calculated risk as my my investment horizon is long....pls help as iam new to mf investments.

hope to receive all ur valuable opinions and suggestions.....

Dear John,

Let me commend you on an excellent choice of funds. Typically, a bouquet of 6-8 funds is ideal and hence, you can adopt either of the approaches i.e increasing your SIPs or going for a couple of funds. However, as you have pointed out in Point 4 that you wish to be large-cap tilted, you can consider one or couple of large cap funds listed by you (HDFC Equity, Fidelity Equity, Franklin India Bluechip, IDFC Premier Equity Plan).

2. Both Fidelity Equity and Fidelity India Growth are equally good. However, Fidelity Equity has a lower expense ratio compared to Fidelity India Growth, which is a scoring point.

3. Do you require ELSS as a diversification or part of tax saving instrument? I am not aware of any special consideration for ELSS on DTC, but if there any such factors, pardon my ignorance. If you need an ELSS for your tax-saving purpose, you have multiple choices like fidelity tax advantage, CanRobeco Tax Saver, HDFC LT Advantage, HDFC Tax saver etc.

4. As I said earlier, your choice is excellent. I understand that you are willing to take risk. However, being of your same age-group, I would like to ask if you are comfortable with an all equity allocation with minimal or no debt allocation. Personally, I feel one needs to have a balanced fund to hedge the risk. You can consider HDFC Prudence for the same.

Happy Investing!!

yodlee99

Spread your 15K per month among the existing funds that are good. Make sure your combined contribution towards BSL DIVIDEND Yield & ICICI DISCOVERY is around 20-25% of total ~ 1750Rs in each fund.
Fidelity equity is a more consistent performer.
You can save taxes until DTC comes into effect by saving in ELSS. Remember to limit such investments as per the current IT laws.