Experiment in Trading Options

DSM

Hi Xray,

Usually have been holding options for a few days at most. Ideally, Once above/below the 60M pivot the pivot should be held. Additional confirmation on 5M chart.

1. As above, 60M pivot and 60M20EMA is a guide.

2. Scaling - will adhere to MM rules, especially for overnight positions. Intraday, can trader bigger qty. if in line with 5M signal/chart.

3. No, don't think it is possible to be able to get all the moves and timing right. But as per 1 above, yes can gauge the trend change.

Thanks for your views. Appreciated.

@DSM

You are trading in options on positional basis so..answer your self 3 questions

1. Are able to find trend change in fastest possible time ??

2. Is your time scale of trading options suits for positional idea ??

3. With in trend change are you able to spot pause in the move ??

Time to notice trend direction is vital in trading options.what i want to say is ..we should have a separate system for options addressing all this points

XRAY27

Hi Xray,

Usually have been holding options for a few days at most. Ideally, Once above/below the 60M pivot the pivot should be held. Additional confirmation on 5M chart.

1. As above, 60M pivot and 60M20EMA is a guide.

2. Scaling - will adhere to MM rules, especially for overnight positions. Intraday, can trader bigger qty. if in line with 5M signal/chart.

3. No, don't think it is possible to be able to get all the moves and timing right. But as per 1 above, yes can gauge the trend change.

Thanks for your views. Appreciated.
Area of pause.. once you notice just get out !!..we cannot have all the

timing right in direction true,but we can trade in the due course

Take my small suggestion

Study PAT of Albrooks it is the best for options ..

More are less NF options trades are very good from couple of months...

DSM

Thanks Xray.... Much appreciate your views. Have read Al Brooks - I have the book. But to be honest, it is too dense, though I do follow PA for intraday!

Area of pause.. once you notice just get out !!..we cannot have all the

timing right in direction true,but we can trade in the due course

Take my small suggestion

Study PAT of Albrooks it is the best for options ..

More are less NF options trades are very good from couple of months...

XRAY27

Thanks Xray.... Much appreciate your views. Have read Al Brooks - I have the book. But to be honest, it is too dense, though I do follow PA for intraday!
Yeah !! It is bit complex..but when we spend time on that... results are impeccable ..he talks about number of patterns...

i'm just reproducing my previous post for your reference.. in options i had the two directional trades on that day !!

For my record

Albrooks final flag in 5 mins..

In the words of albrooks :Final Flag, usually a horizontal pattern after a trend. The breakout often fails and reverses

Jai ho baba Brooks :D:D

Have an edge in your trading..especially for options this is a must !! even minor flaw will blow the account to the considerable level !!

Our friend DAN!!( we all know he is expert in option trading) quote on Albrooks

:) I went through some of his videos a few times in the past few years, did make screen shoots and even did write my comments into that screen shoots to be sure that I understood what he tells. It is really work and passion to go through his work, but some ideas started to hang around in the head and as more as I followed them, as more I saw that he told deep knowledge about PA trading. He was surely one of the big guys on PA trading I ever meet beside ST. It helped me a lot to improve my option strategy trading to include other ideas on TA and PA trading. Thanks from my deepest heard to both of them.

Last edited:
awee DSM i just read your thread :)

i did total stupid thing lol the day u sold call at R.s 14 i think i bought that one .
i got out at 6 ... and bought 8400 Ce @36 only to see CMP 22 lool.

i still hold view nifty @8450 but as days passes hope is reducing i am really waiting for 17 and 19dec.

they got us this time .... but i still expect 200 point bounce in coming session

lesson learnt from your thread :- Never leave open position and go on vacation. always square off ... Noted in rule book