Exide Industries

Im not surprised ... in fact like I said, I have to take the initiative and finish off the terribly-loose ends which reside in that thread ( now named : abt bonus and stock splits )

My good friend Ashish ( Aca ) knows abt it.

Will do after my travels next mth... but do I certainly will ... even if it means having to write a 'white paper' on this topic based on all the gyan gathererd from this site and elsewhere

AGILENT
Thanks for your work.

I usually see that whenever one asks a question, a discussion arises, which in some case leads to debate, which has contrary opinions. Ultimately the author of the question becomes even more confused:D :D :D

Just kidding....we can learn a lot from both the sides in such discussions. Ofcourse it takes time for him to not get confused:D

Praveen.

Thanks for your work.

I usually see that whenever one asks a question, a discussion arises, which in some case leads to debate, which has contrary opinions. Ultimately the author of the question becomes even more confused:D :D :D

Just kidding....we can learn a lot from both the sides in such discussions. Of course it takes time for him to not get confused

Praveen.
Praveen
I can understand... but let me assure you ... the main issues under discussion viz
- capitalisation of reserves
- bonus issues and stock splits (Indian and USA terminology/concepts)

have absolutely no scope for grey areas... they are only stark black and pure white ... and I promise I will (with help from my friends) help u to reach the bottom of these ... just bear with us

Meanwhile , if you want to get more confused ... or just have a good laugh .. read thru attachment (specially section 'who foots the bill'), which is a 'story' carried by Rediff.com some time ago, beautifully illustrating the idiom that a 'little knowledge is a dangerous thing' ( the author tells us that (b/sheet) reserves are like hordes of cash on the asset side of the B/sheet:eek:

AGILENT

Last edited: