Escape's Trading Diary - Options

escape

Reduced Stop loss to 15 points below buy rate for each.

Bought Nifty 27sep2012 PE 5400 @ 92.75, SL @ 81.00, CMP 92.45
SL now 77.00, CMP 96

Bought Nifty 27sep2012 CE 5300 @ 100.80, SL @ 90.00, CMP 99.50

Have two positions open, CE and PE each.
Need to take care of Stop Loss cautiously.
SL now 84.00, CMP 94

Hi Escape,

Any reason you took position against the trend yesterday, when the market was in green. Also you bought call at day's high. These are some mistake which option traders normaly do.

Buy at day's low and sell at day's high - this is the mantra for intraday traders.

But who knows when the market will trade low and high. If that is known everyone will make money. With the help of indicators we can find the trend and day's high & low.

When we decided to go long for call or put, we need to find the day's high & low. Should never jump into the trade. Avoid going long when its trading near day's high. Wait for the price to come to the average of day's & high & low. This will give better result. If it is not reached, then leave the bus. Tomorrow is waiting for us. If reached and go below average then go for put. TREND is important.

Above are some little lessons I learned from market during the past years' trading.

Happy Option Trading.

escape

Hi Escape,

Any reason you took position against the trend yesterday, when the market was in green. Also you bought call at day's high. These are some mistake which option traders normaly do.

Buy at day's low and sell at day's high - this is the mantra for intraday traders.

But who knows when the market will trade low and high. If that is known everyone will make money. With the help of indicators we can find the trend and day's high & low.

When we decided to go long for call or put, we need to find the day's high & low. Should never jump into the trade. Avoid going long when its trading near day's high. Wait for the price to come to the average of day's & high & low. This will give better result. If it is not reached, then leave the bus. Tomorrow is waiting for us. If reached and go below average then go for put. TREND is important.

Above are some little lessons I learned from market during the past years' trading.

Happy Option Trading.
Hi Jeareh,

Thank you for your feedback and advise. Your observations are correct. Yesterday's I did some mistake and took two positions in opposite direction. You can see, I was not sure about what to put initial SL. I call it sandwich situation for me.

I took position in assumption that this will be breakout (until my order got executed, high was 99.8) and will become a support for next level. Unfortunately, that became a resistance and near day's high. These are whipsaws you will always have and can't be fully eliminated (but can be reduced), but with risk management, you have to reduce losses. This is what I tried after realizing mistake.

I should have avoided second trade until I'm out of first trade (that's my style, as I have observed I get confused easily if I take positions in opposite direction ). But when you are in market, we do these mistakes, and should be avoided.

Thank you again for observation.

Keep eye on my trade and advise me so that it can help me and other fellow readers.

Happy weekends and have successful tradings.

Regards,
Escape

escape

Here is log as of last session.

Log:
NIFTY OPT 27SEP 12 CE @ 5300 (B)50 @102.00 (S)50 @ 97.90 -205.0
NIFTY OPT 27SEP 12 PE @ 5400 (B)50 @93.95 (S)50 @ 91.60 -117.50

Result:
After deducting all charges: Rs -350.11

Capital Status:
Exact Initial Capital: Rs. 15746
Current Ledger balance Rs. 15163 (-583)

Learning:
Yesterday was little difficult day for me. Being in sandwich situation with two opposite trades fighting each other.

So learning for me is two avoid second trade, unless I'm out of first trade as I can't handle open positions in opposite directions.

I tried to reduce loss and I must say I was successful with limited losses.