EMA Crossover system -- huge earning potential

myamit

Thank you augubhai. SetPositionSize works perfect.

May I please also request for other AFL issue & its solution?

Also, can anyone suggest me how to plot other stock price as line chart on my current AFL? I'm thinking to apply few strong/weak index stock as line chart & see co-relation to avoid whipsaws... Anybody has worked on this. I would certainly appreciate comments for this approach.

rkkarnani

Also, can anyone suggest me how to plot other stock price as line chart on my current AFL? I'm thinking to apply few strong/weak index stock as line chart & see co-relation to avoid whipsaws... Anybody has worked on this. I would certainly appreciate comments for this approach.
I do not use Amibroker but hopefully this link should help...

http://www.traderji.com/amibroker/16855-ab-help-sought.html

augubhai

Ok Amit, I am no afl expert, and may not have the time to look at all issues.

But for your query about other stock price and index, please look up the following in Amibroker help or site
SetForeign, foreign, GetBaseIndex

You will find some sample code snippets in the help. Hope this helps.

I appreciate the concept behind your crossover system, though I haven't tried it yet.

amitji
can u tell us how correlating strong and weak index stock could help us in reducing the whipsaws??

myamit

amitji
can u tell us how correlating strong and weak index stock could help us in reducing the whipsaws??
As of now this is only a thought. My basic assumption is that change in Nifty is being determined as a difference between positive & negative stocks (contributing +/- 0.25%). I may filter stocks that are in range of -0.25% to 0.25%.
I also wish to consider their behavior in Intraday V/s short term (7-10 days), their major support/resistance levels etc.

Basically this will give me a three line indicator (something like ADX) which tells me strength & values of positive (+T), negative (-T) & neutral stocks (NT). Now more like ADX values, I may use them & see their values at the time of EMA cross-over.

I'm assuming that for a successful trade, I need to have few leaders & many followers. So I may take trade only when +T is getting positive & NT is high.

Anyway... once again this is just a thought. It may work -- may not.

All views/comments are appreciated.

rkkarnani

amitji
Maybe he is thinking of Pair trading?? Long one and short another!!! Minimising risk.... cashing in on the difference. It is becoming a very popular method now a days vis a vis arbitrage.

myamit

Maybe he is thinking of Pair trading?? Long one and short another!!! Minimising risk.... cashing in on the difference. It is becoming a very popular method now a days vis a vis arbitrage.
Hello rkkarnani,

I guess we both almost posted at the same time. No, I'm not thinking of pair trading. I agree that pair trading is an excellent strategy itself, here I'm thinking more of an ADX like indicator customised to Nifty Index.

See my thoughts in previous post. Keep contributing. :)

MurAtt

BUT

what if the Index leaders are in the Red .. say like Infy itself took the markets down like mad ...

What if only RIL is red the balance green .. then ... still RIL itself can take on the whole of the other 49 stocks and take the index down ...

Of course .. this could be one-off stuff and not an everyday possibility BUT in the last 1 month or so .. it has happened thrice ... nopes. .. more than that ... twice with RIL, once with Infy and once with LT .. all three have Huge percentage weightage in Nifty and can move the market by their own weight (others remaning neutral).

:)