Elliott Wave Simple

4xpipcounter

LOL, I hope you cool off before you get to my thread. You sound like you are flaming.

Seriously. That was only an example I was using, as seen through the eyes of the EW.
I made my previous post before I read yours. I think I am clear I would never trade using the EW. That's for advanced brains, and mine is just catered to math. The thing is as I study under an accomplished trader there are things I learn and that stand out through the eyes of my methodology. I can come here to this thread to read, relax, and every once in awhile, the light goes on, and it makes me see something new in my trading. Kavima's thread is another good example.
Actually, to me it is a rush. Even though it has been 7 years+ that I've been trading, I love it when something new pops out that I never saw before. I enjoy being the student, still.
Now, I got to take off my student's hat and get back to my thread--lol.

How does one short anything for a year ?? :confused: Here I can't trade beyond three months.

PS : "For Dummies" is a popular and useful series of educational books, like "Computers for dummies", "English for dummies" etc..

PPS: Now I have found a site which gives eod charts for nifty and has ichimoku clouds too. Just lemme learn to interpret them and I'll see you in your thread :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm posting my chart in fishing for a comment from you within your context.

I started using TL's after you and I became acquainted. You and I have never talked about his pair recently, but my thinking is you would agree with me that within the grander scheme of things this pair is headed much lower. That dip at 1.5207 is going to be taken out in favor of the 1.3800's being revisited, and even lower than that.
The thing that has stood out in my mind is the TL gets a clear picture of the waves within the trend. It is clear that since the red TL DOWN was formed, we have already had a 1-2-3-4 (maybe 3 1/2--lol) formed, and that the market will soon be making the break for the 5th, and we will see a new low on this TF.
My blue line was drawn off the daily which a clear 1-2-3 corrective pattern can be seen.

I'm not an EW person, but it is just an observation through my usage of the TL's. I'd like to hear your thoughts about this.
My thoughts on your chart is I don't know why the GBP would be stronger than the Aussie right now, but it is apparently...............and it will go up to your trendline before going down hard.............I will check my USD_GBP charts and post a follow-up......

My thoughts on your chart is I don't know why the GBP would be stronger than the Aussie right now, but it is apparently...............and it will go up to your trendline before going down hard.............I will check my USD_GBP charts and post a follow-up......
Things look more clear now after checking my charts..............The GBP_USD is in a triangle............Look at the daily chart I am posting.............It will go up here soon before making a nice move down............

Last edited:
Great thread..JahDave...I request you to post some 5min charts and explain how to predict future wave.i.e. How to trade intraday based on elliot wave?It will be great you post your actual trade as an example...thanks
--Sanjay

4xpipcounter

Sanjay, I'll be glad when he gets his personal stuff taken care of, so he will be a regular here.

Great thread..JahDave...I request you to post some 5min charts and explain how to predict future wave.i.e. How to trade intraday based on elliot wave?It will be great you post your actual trade as an example...thanks
--Sanjay

Here is an Aussie update. I believe that the AUD_USD is in wave 4 and should head up to the .99 area before the wave 5 drop. I am not in long yet but will get long on this pair very soon for hopefully about 200 pips. I think the chart will say it all, but if you have any questions then please ask them.

Last edited:

hills_5000

Hi,

but wave 4 is already done ..as marked on your charts...plus isnt wave 3 longer than wave 1 in most cases...

am just a beginner in EW ..so do bear with the questions..

Here is an Aussie update. I believe that the AUD_USD is in wave 4 and should head up to the .99 area before the wave 5 drop. I am not in long yet but will get long on this pair very soon for hopefully about 200 pips. I think the chart will say it all, but if you have any questions then please ask them.

Not by the Elliott waves but I have similar view point on AUDUSD.. My target is around .99.

The entry point is the key and I am looking for an entry.

Regards
Raj