Effects of not keeping a Stop Loss

beginner_av

hmm, nice to see such discussions again. hari's transformation is good...it is as if CV speaking (CV of 2 years ago!).
faltub, if you are trading for 3-10 ticks profit, even a simple 1-2-3 may give you good results. so it depends on your perspectives and timeframe sir, what you like to use. in my hedging system, i have no SL.

sudoku1

without stops is like a soldier in a war ...bare handed...!
but every asset has a different style of stop...
the syle of stop required for RELIANCE may differ for RPL....:(

oilman5

thanks hari[bhattacharya saab],
here i am trying to express..........[i sometime daytrade to earn and keep touch]
the thought process on swing trade.........as swing i follow.........basically a predefined entry target.........and a condition[not technical]...........to enter.
since i define what market.........and which stock.............my accuracy level is till dt high[higher than tv star].
.......when i am wrong...........i check condition..........just sudden profit book.........or really some interpretation...........of other market participant changes.........
.......if i feel uneasy..........i myself get out.
and if i find..........idea/cause[rumour]............a trap created by larger interest.......of pooltrader......to corner stock..............i do just opposite............buy big volume........my firsthand experience on market..........given me good return..........
i dont trade...........where i dont know.........thats my trade discipline
3year back............i could not handle .........frustraton was there.........in swing........not now.
..........my present problem is execution.
basically in swing i use my long experience of fundamental,......
for pattern i know .......i may be wrong in any trade[40%av failure]..........so i dont mind to be wrong
...........big wrong.........must not.
.....................frustration definitely comes......thats part of game...........chess taught me to lose gracefully...........fight another day..........
.................i am in past lost......continuous 11 trade......then change......check market condition.......and .......i am happy with my discreationary trade.
though i test game mode omnitrader.......for guessing practice.
with regards

beginner_av

Headging ........it-self like a stop....:D
long fut short calll.......
and now......long nifty fut 50 lot.......short......mini....
or buy mini........short 50........
Cheers.:)
its a self adjusting system, with no predetermined stops . in bear mkts a long fut short call will really reduce your capital substantially. even if you roll down your calls, you wont be able to compete with the time value left unless you have a trillion dolloar account per contract and mkt gives you enough room to trade without freezing!

beginner_av

ok sir, i agree, bear was too much on my mind when i wrote. use the word correction! 3-30% or whatever and see how difficult it is to keep up with the fut-call hedge. and short and hedge with puts? do check out the liquidity on puts other than index. personally expceting put liquidity to increase after short selling starts properly.

biyasc

i lost 100% of my capital in a single day in AKRUTI when it felled 46%:clap:
The major mistake was not putting the stop-loss:mad:
but i will be back with a bang as i m scalper and will never forget the lesson of putting a STOP-LOSS as soon as i enter the position
Thnx to the satta stock AKRUTI:thumb: for teaching me a good lesson
best of luck raj.:)

sudoku1

When I get hurt in the market, I get the hell out..... It doesn't matter at all where the market is trading..... I just get out, because I believe that once UR hurt in the market...ur decisions r going 2 b far less objective than they r when u r doing well... ;)

rohangawale

i lost 100% of my capital in a single day in AKRUTI when it felled 46%:clap:
The major mistake was not putting the stop-loss:mad:
but i will be back with a bang as i m scalper and will never forget the lesson of putting a STOP-LOSS as soon as i enter the position
Thnx to the satta stock AKRUTI:thumb: for teaching me a good lesson
Here Raj4u has given the best example of not keeping a stop loss.

what more concequences we want to know for not keeping stop loss. For all traders its a very big lession to be learnt if they are not keeping stop loss.

Good Attitude Raj4u.
Best of Luck.

rohangawale

praveen taneja

Trading without stop loss is like driving without break
Kahaan thukegi koi nahin janta:rofl::rofl: