DS Stratergies

ST Sir, I respect and agree with your views, Thereis no risk free strategy. But There are some strategies in options where the risk is almost nil or negligible. For Example we sell options of May/june month completely hedged 100-200 points downside/upside. For example iron condor
The initial maximum loss will be 100-150 points and that too notional. One can bring the notional loss by adjusting position by getting more theta. Initially there will be notional loss and that too very small . But ultimately it can be brought into profit by adjusting position by managing greeks.
With options one can do wonders. If one want this type strategy to be almost risk free, then the return will also be low, say 2-3% pm, So low risk medium profit, High risk High profit.Option is the only thing where one can bring the losing position into profit or minimize loss. I just shared my opinion. The plus in selling options is one gets Theta, (Time Value) which nullify the notional loss.

Last edited:
ST Sir, I respect and agree with your views, Thereis no risk free strategy. But There are some strategies in options where the risk is almost nil or negligible. For Example we sell options of May/june month completely hedged 100-200 points downside/upside. For example iron condor
The initial maximum loss will be 100-150 points and that too notional. One can bring the notional loss by adjusting position by getting more theta. Initially there will be notional loss and that too very small . But ultimately it can be brought into profit by adjusting position by managing greeks.
With options one can do wonders. If one want this type strategy to be almost risk free, then the return will also be low, say 2-3% pm, So low risk medium profit, High risk High profit.Option is the only thing where one can bring the losing position into profit or minimize loss. I just shared my opinion. The plus in selling options is one gets Theta, (Time Value) which nullify the notional loss.
Hello Munde 77, nice to see your post after a long time.Keep writing about options strategies in nifty and nifty bank whenever you get time with real market examples and how to do adjustments in these as the market goes up or down. That will help members to understand these strategies and how to manage them.

As the month has just started you can take example of some options trade in nifty and manage it over the month. If you handhold members for 2-3 months, it will help all of us. So keep posting...

ST

hmp

Hi Munde ji
Looking forward for valuable guidance from an experienced senior person like you. Pl.do keep posting.
Regards

Hi Munde ji
Looking forward for valuable guidance from an experienced senior person like you. Pl.do keep posting.
Regards
Yes, that would be great. Instead of talking how it is not working, we can base the discussion on how to make it work in the market. That could only be done by successful, seasoned option traders, if they are willing to share. Even after spending money we are not able to get that kind of mentoring.

lemondew

Looks like suri made a mistake. Not sure if munde77 is DS ??options does give very high probability trades. I am not sure about 100% probability of success even with adjustments as munde said.Something new for me.

Dilip Shaw is not Mundhe.....Mundhe is Kollam Anil Agrawal ...they are different persons. There is no strategy which is risk free.

Smart_trade

Last edited:

lemondew

" Slippage and time of entry matters a lot. "

I think its so for all strategies. Iron condor. short straddle short strangle and any strategy.

You take a long strangle 1 day before result and after results you will most likely loose some money in llong run. Wrong strategies at wrong time gone.

TracerBullet

I haven't said anything about you. I said its unbelievable that DS is you. Read carefully and have attention to detail before asking anyone to keep quite.
No need to escalate further, but just to clarify your original statement can perhaps be interpreted both ways - i also read it as he did. This is just to calm it down and give a different perspective.

1) "He is Munde its unbelievable"
You maybe meant - "I don't believe he is Munde"
What it reads like - "He is Munde." " Its unbelievable!"

2)"He used to share some useful thoughts on TJ few years back and now he is selling crap..."
Maybe you meant that i cant believe he would sell crap after sharing good things before. But it doesnt read that way.

Good day :)

lemondew

Munde sir,

Resaw the option chain of may. Yes Iron condors fetch much more though time decay would be slower of may compared to april. Risk in condor also becomes less.

Typically would you allow this condor to run full 2 months till expiry
Whats the strategy visavis Targets and stop loss.

I read your earlier threads of booking profits on winning side and selling closer to the loosing side. These adjustments as well. Do you have any strategy.

Eg 8000: nifty

Iron condor of CE 8300/8400 PE 7700/7600

Nifty at 7900/7800/7700
Typically when would you book profits on CE and come closer.

Looks like suri made a mistake. Not sure if munde77 is DS ??options does give very high probability trades. I am not sure about 100% probability of success even with adjustments as munde said.Something new for me.