Votes: 13 92.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

rpc

Hello rpc
Your app runs very good. It downloads data very fast. I was wondering if you can add a feature to just convert the bhav copy to metastock format. While downloading bse historical data it throws too many errors. It also does not download many files error being file not found, inspite the file being present on the bse server. we can download the bhavcopy from bse nse. What we can not do is to convert it to metastock format. It would be very handy feature if included. Thanks
Hi Safdar
Thanks for appreciating DQuotes. I am sorry I cannot convert the data to metastock format. There are free programs which can convesrt ASCII data to metastock.
Please let me know which data download throws up errors. If possible I will rectify it.
These websites keep changing their protocols hence downloading past data sometimes produces error.
Please let me know specific errors.
Thanks
rpc

Hi Safdar
Thanks for appreciating DQuotes. I am sorry I cannot convert the data to metastock format. There are free programs which can convesrt ASCII data to metastock.
Please let me know which data download throws up errors. If possible I will rectify it.
These websites keep changing their protocols hence downloading past data sometimes produces error.
Please let me know specific errors.
Thanks
rpc
hello rpc
I am sorry for the miscommunication. What I meant by converting was , that bse nse bhav copy has a lot of columns, that are unnecessary and a its a chore to delete the columns and rearrange a few things to make it readable for a charting software like metastock.
For example these are the columns in a bse bhav copy

SC_CODE,SC_NAME,SC_GROUP,SC_TYPE,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,LAST,PREVCLOSE,NO_TRADES,NO_OF_SHRS,NET_TURNOV,TDCLOINDI

now your software cleans this to
SC_CODE,SC_NAME,DATE,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,NET_TURNOV,ISIN_CODEFILLER3
the bse file does not have the date also, which your app inserts at appropriate place
(the last column of ISIN_CODEFILLER3 is also not required)

So I was requesting is that if we have a bhav copy file from bse or nse website, can the software have a feature to clean that file to a charting software can read like your software does ?

As for the errors, this error pops up frequently while downloading historical data from bse website
"HTTP Server status is 404 Not Found"
And it forces to click ok every time
thanks

rpc

hello rpc
I am sorry for the miscommunication. What I meant by converting was , that bse nse bhav copy has a lot of columns, that are unnecessary and a its a chore to delete the columns and rearrange a few things to make it readable for a charting software like metastock.
For example these are the columns in a bse bhav copy

SC_CODE,SC_NAME,SC_GROUP,SC_TYPE,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,LAST,PREVCLOSE,NO_TRADES,NO_OF_SHRS,NET_TURNOV,TDCLOINDI

now your software cleans this to
SC_CODE,SC_NAME,DATE,OPEN,HIGH,LOW,CLOSE,NET_TURNOV,ISIN_CODEFILLER3
the bse file does not have the date also, which your app inserts at appropriate place
(the last column of ISIN_CODEFILLER3 is also not required)

So I was requesting is that if we have a bhav copy file from bse or nse website, can the software have a feature to clean that file to a charting software can read like your software does ?

As for the errors, this error pops up frequently while downloading historical data from bse website
"HTTP Server status is 404 Not Found"
And it forces to click ok every time
thanks
Pls check if this serves your purpose.
For download error pls provide exact date on which you get error.
It is difficult for me to guess which day's quotes you are trying to download.
Thanks

Hi rpc
In the NSE EOD bhavcopy, we typically retain only EQ, BE, and BZ series stocks. However, it appears that this software is maintaining some additional series that we are unable to view.

I believe that after downloading the original file from the NSE server, the software deletes some series and renames the original file.
May I know why the file name to be changed ?
Is it possible to obtain the original file downloaded from the NSE server with the same name?

rpc

Hi rpc
In the NSE EOD bhavcopy, we typically retain only EQ, BE, and BZ series stocks. However, it appears that this software is maintaining some additional series that we are unable to view.

I believe that after downloading the original file from the NSE server, the software deletes some series and renames the original file.
May I know why the file name to be changed ?
Is it possible to obtain the original file downloaded from the NSE server with the same name?
I am trying to retain series that are generally used for any kind of technical analysis. Rest of the series are not retained.
It is general practice to name the files downloaded to have different names than the ones appearing on the server. This is to distinguish them.
There is no point in keeping original file also. They can be downloded from NSE server.