do anyone one suffered price jump across SL

Hi,

I want to know do anyone faces the problem of price jump in between our sl placed .for ex if we bought at 100 we may fix or SL around 99 wt u ll do if price jumped from 99.20 to 89.4 how will u react.

Note its not a problem at all in target price but in Sl is disastraous isn't it

Venkatesh

rh6996

Hi,

I want to know do anyone faces the problem of price jump in between our sl placed .for ex if we bought at 100 we may fix or SL around 99 wt u ll do if price jumped from 99.20 to 89.4 how will u react.

Venkatesh
This is surely a problem if your SL is VERY ACCURATE :D ! At such levels the Price tends to jump!! I face this problem off and on! In exit we are giving only a single price hence the question of Price jump does not arise.. but in SL sell or SL buy this problem is there!!

Hi,

Venkatesh

Provide a sufficient gap between your trigger price and your sl price based on the stock or index movement you trade.

Sl will not be skipped.

Reggie

The problem occurs when the Stop Loss is at a limit and hence may not get filled incase of a volatile move.

Certain platforms (RKSV, Sharekhan) have provision for this. It's called Stop Loss-Market with a trigger above/below price. As soon as the price crosses the trigger price, your order will be executed at the next available fill.

BTW, you need to check the reason for this big move. Sometimes, it will fade in direction of your trade. At times, it may be an opportunity to trade against this move with a well defined stop loss. Best recourse would be to wait a while and minimise the loss.

Hi,

Venkatesh