Discussion on section 44AD of IT Act

Re: General Trading Chat

Lets do calculation of lets say on each trade
say 1 nifty 8000 * 100 = 8,00000.

In this case our turnover would be 20 - 30 crores or say 100 crores. Even then if my profit is say just 1 lac. I have to pay tax only on 1 lac that is nothing. Only that I have to get it audited from a CA and pay him 10 k. Am i wrong here
Profit and loss of each trade to be added...not the trade value.Turnover of most retail traders will not exceed Rs 1 Cr.

ST

lemondew

What would be repercussions of gettin caught. Its better to get audited I guess.
Isnt it enough if we just share the excel of tradebook for last 1 year and leave the CAs to do all calculations. Anyway we are giving him 10 K.

Profit and loss of each trade to be added...not the trade value.Turnover of most retail traders will not exceed Rs 1 Cr.

ST

What would be repercussions of gettin caught. Its better to get audited I guess.
Isnt it enough if we just share the excel of tradebook for last 1 year and leave the CAs to do all calculations. Anyway we are giving him 10 K.
Some CAs do that calculation but charge another 15-20 K for this calculation apart from Audit fees....no CA will do it free....I know few traders maintaining excel sheets tradewise...but these traders do may be 100 trades in a year....

But I am hoping that Govt will atleast comeout with Turnover defination and end this ambiguity.

ST

lemondew

Lets see. I can tell you a small script can be created which will read excel and calculate the total turnover. i.e buy/sell qty * buy/sell value for each row in excelsheet All you ll need is an excel sheet with all trades in 1 year. Anyways lets see how it goes.

Some CAs do that calculation but charge another 15-20 K for this calculation apart from Audit fees....no CA will do it free....I know few traders maintaining excel sheets tradewise...but these traders do may be 100 trades in a year....

But I am hoping that Govt will atleast comeout with Turnover defination and end this ambiguity.
ST

Last edited:

lemondew

check it later

ST

Last edited:

Sunnyraj

I came across this article on taxation on futures and options trading.

http://trak.in/tags/business/2012/07/09/tax-return-filing-futures-options-fo-trades/

For calculation of turnover it says:

Turnover Calculation
Now, here comes the point calculation of turnover. Determination of turnover in case of F&O is one of the important factors for every individual for the income tax purpose. Turnover must be firstly calculated, in the manner explained below:

The total of positive and negative or favorable and unfavorable differences
shall be taken as turnover.

Premium received on sale of options is to be included in turnover.

In respect of any reverse trades entered, the difference thereon shall also form part of the turnover.

Here, it makes no difference, whether the difference is positive or negative. All the differences, whether positive or negative are aggregated and the turnover is calculated.

lemondew

My CA told me we have reasonable cause for not auditing books.

What is the penalty for not getting the accounts audited as required by section 44AB?
​According to section 271B, if any person who is required to comply with section 44AB​ fails to get his accounts audited in respect of any year or years as required under section 44AB, the Assessing Officer may impose a penalty. The penalty shall be lower of the following amounts:
(a) 0.5% of the total sales, turnover or gross receipts, as the case may be, in business, or of the gross receipts in profession, in such year or years.
(b) Rs. 1,50,000.
However, according to section 273B, no penalty shall be imposed if reasonable cause for such failure is proved. Such penalty can be imposed only after giving the taxpayer a reasonable opportunity of being heard.
- See more at: http://taxguru.in/income-tax/faqs-t...income-tax-act-1961.html#sthash.epQYVMY2.dpuf

lemondew

The above says min of 0.50% of total turnover or 1,50,000.
So 20 lac turnover means 10000 penalty if they prove ushd ve audited.

how did u get 10 lac figure now.????

trading to fir bhi kar lenge magar ye tax ka kya kare :rofl::rofl:
10 lac IT penalty or 6 months imprisonment wich one you choose ? :D