Discussion on kolkata meet signal

renu daga

well actually on basis of blue line,,,trade is not only possible,,,io think so,,,u will get very less oppurtunity
i have enough data of 3 months intraday (5 min ) still teh tgts / retracemnets lines not working,,,,

renu

rkkarnani

well actually on basis of blue line,,,trade is not only possible,,,io think so,,,u will get very less oppurtunity
i have enough data of 3 months intraday (5 min ) still teh tgts / retracemnets lines not working,,,,

renu
As per Ashish Da just forget the horizontal lines for the time being, concentrate only on the Blue Line....
Indicator works fine!!!

karthikmarar

Hello

Thanks renu for starting the thread.

After the Kolkata Meet, we have seen renewed interest in SAINT's method / system. As a result of high level of interaction from members like Amit Jain, Nick, Vineet, Narendra, Tapaswi, Satya, and many many more, we are able to get ongoing clarifications and insights from SAINT. In the process we have also seen SAINT talking about a more aggressive approach of using early entry with his system based on certain market conditions.

Hope to see a similar activity on this thread. After the initial issues are sorted out and everyone gets the indicator functional, it would be nice to see a complete system being build around it, I am sure Asishda will be the perfect guide for the process.

Regards
Sanjay
Dear Sanjay,

IMHO any discussion without understanding the Indicator including the logic behind it would be fruitless. Or is the discussion restricted to only on implementation of the Indicator?

Any indicator for that matter cannot be used unless we fully understand the logic behind the indicator. Stochastic Indicator is very good example... as most beginners use it without really undrstanding the logic of the indicator..

Unfortunately as I don't use Metastock anymore I am unable to try out the indicator and hence not ina position to contribute to the discussion.

regards

Karthik

V

vvvv

V4, Just ignore the Horizontal lines for now!!!
im not talkin abt the horizontal lines.im talking abt the entry point with the blue line..so i told u to see the chart.
since u r doin intraday with it pls can u provide us sum details abt how u r going on with it.& ur success rate , etc,etc

SGM

Hello Karthik

As far as giving any feedback, I am also in the same boat as I do not use MS.

Earlier Kalyan also raised the same point about not being able to use a Black Box indicator. So is giving of this indicator a futile exercise?

I learned from you, that there is more to a system than just an entry signal. I had proposed trying to build those other things around this indicator. Once we have an objective entry/exit out-of-the-way only then one tends to focus on those other things.

The author/designer of the original signal/indicator is also amongst us, so he (Asish) would be available to help in the efforts.

As far as implementation is concerned we are far away from that. First basic things like time frame selection, risk/money management have to be in place. Back/forward testing to verify the 65% strike rate needs to be completed by at least few members, and then we can think/decide about implementation.

Regards
Sanjay

hi,

Can someone explain which is the afl and how it works ?

many who didn't attend the meet and not using metastock like me couldn't understand.

kindly guide us if someone can.

ramash

SGM

i am attaching a pic of a chart with the indicator
ashishda pls check my entry , stopped out levels. ive been stopped out 2 times.any other indicator to use in conjunction with the blue line to prevent such instances.
the blue line gives the earliest entry possible.but then is it also the drawback of the system???
i have just given an example & may not be applicable in every chart.
Hello Vikram

From your chart, it seems you would get decent gains if you had taken the third entry after the first 2 getting stopped out.

Have you checked with other charts, if yes, what was your observation from those other examples? According to you how many stops in a row would make a system unuseable?

Regards
Sanjay

Last edited: