Discussion about Renko : (from Varun's thread)

doss186

Added VK Swingline, VK LVB & PDC/CRB of extremistji to renko of dossji
replace C,H,L with rClose3,rHigh3,rLow3 respectively
and e36 ema set to 3 instead of 36
You can even get same results by applying VKSL with 5EMA, as VKSL is volume weighted it works well with renko.

Vipul_84

Great discussions. Looks like we are getting somewhere now. Anything with VK moves fast and so also this thread. Anyways, can you post final AFL code here ?

Added VK Swingline, VK LVB & PDC/CRB of extremistji to renko of dossji
replace C,H,L with rClose3,rHigh3,rLow3 respectively
and e36 ema set to 3 instead of 36

RockyRobust

I too am interested in Renko charts as they are really smooth to let hold the patience while an ongoing trade. Was testing Ninja Trader 7 options of Renko charting, got hold on these UniRenko bars which seem to do a good work . Not yet took trades based on them but till now experience of viewing them has been good.

NIFTY_I (20 UniRenko T20R120O60)  15-09-2017.jpg

Brick height remaining constant, I wonder if the brick size can be expanded/contracted to reflect the time spent in the brick height zone.

toocool

I too am interested in Renko charts as they are really smooth to let hold the patience while an ongoing trade. Was testing Ninja Trader 7 options of Renko charting, got hold on these UniRenko bars which seem to do a good work . Not yet took trades based on them but till now experience of viewing them has been good.

View attachment 22409
Can you share the code?

Which data service?

RockyRobust

Brick height remaining constant, I wonder if the brick size can be expanded/contracted to reflect the time spent in the brick height zone.
I presume that your question was regarding the UniRenko bars. These bars have the option to customize Brick Size which is based on three parameters , Trend , Reversal & Open Offset. This makes these bars very flexible and we could even customize them to replicate Mean Renko Bars which are very popular.