Developing My Own System...Backtesting Images

deneb

If you considered PE as a basis for your stock selection then please correct the PEs of Jindal Steel and Tata Motors.The figures you have used is standalone .Try to use consolidated figures. It gives the correct picture of the company. Moneycontrol mostly gives standalone figures.Use Edelweiss or some other site which gives the consolidated figures in financials.Best wishes.

http://www.edelweiss.in/company/Tata-Motors-Ltd.html

DiwaliCrackers

actually i took this data from moneycontrol.com, where EPS showing is around 39.** and in edelweiss EPS showing is 113.25 so data mismatch is happening...anyways i'll check this data's and correct it...but my stock selection is not purely based on P/E ratio but it is primarily based on Beta..

If you considered PE as a basis for your stock selection then please correct the PEs of Jindal Steel and Tata Motors.The figures you have used is standalone .Try to use consolidated figures. It gives the correct picture of the company. Moneycontrol mostly gives standalone figures.Use Edelweiss or some other site which gives the consolidated figures in financials.Best wishes.

http://www.edelweiss.in/company/Tata-Motors-Ltd.html

rkkarnani

TCS Stop loss hited...signal was good... at some perticular time i was in profit 1000+...but didn't cover it...this is the mistake...have to learn money management..
Well dont take it personally... most of our views in Stock Market are post event.. believe me had you booked profit in TCS for say a ~1000/- and had the stock moved still further down, you would say... "oh!! exited early out of fear, this is the mistake!!, have to learn money management.." :D
Along with money management one also needs "discipline"...

DiwaliCrackers

Many Times in Life...Realization is Not Worth...Because...It comes after we Loose something...

Well dont take it personally... most of our views in Stock Market are post event.. believe me had you booked profit in TCS for say a ~1000/- and had the stock moved still further down, you would say... "oh!! exited early out of fear, this is the mistake!!, have to learn money management.." :D
Along with money management one also needs "discipline"...