Determination Of Trough /peak

renu daga

so one back support for me,,,

i would first take teh chart of infosys,,,,and within this weekend,,,woudl try to anlyse and post comp, meanwhile if nayone comes out and like to post its view no matter,,,,right / wrong come up pls,,,,
we would one by one study any stock individauly,,,and then come to one conclusion,,,mutually
i hope so..we ,,land up somewhere
rgt i agree,,,its not a tip thread....and no intraday....study here....just picking out stcoks ,, and their chrat and study whther they are in process of more down/ up....or ahve already completed,,,

renu

secondly,,,dont make my thread,,traders diary,,,confuse with this....its what i trade on many aspects,,,,,broader/ narrow both...where stcoks are limited/ and quantities are according to my comfortable level...

renu
IT's not about confusing this thread with your other thread. My point was and I will stick to it that a trader must first analyse himself. The objective is to understand if a particular method is at all suitable to the trading psychology of a trader. A person who is not comfortable seeing a major portion of his unrealized profit getting eroded before final exit will always have difficulty in following the trend. At the other hand, if we try picking up tops/bottoms, we risk not being able to follow the trend till it finally exhausts.

When we try finding bottom, we are forced to try buying on supports (Price Support/Trend Lines/Fib Levels) in a falling market. Number of times the halt at those levels would only be temporary, will give some swing/scalping opportunity and then the trend will prevail. Now if someone is happy with those small profits, he can certainly try picking the bottoms/tops but if later he starts worrying over the nice trend he has lost, the next time he is bound to have conflicting thoughts which may ruin his trading.

That is why I said that trading with both the methods together may not produce good trading results. Used individually, both of these can provide superb trading results.

renu daga

the second part fo ur thinking is fine,,,,and perfect,,

but u did not notice i particularly am pointing to stocks which ahve given majority fo downside...i am not picking up teh topic for short term say (1 month few days)
i clearly mentioned long term ,,,broad aspect
and traders dairy is never targetd for long etrm apsect...is just trading!!!and trading ,,,which u siad ar per fib levls / support res.. frequent buys / sells..

sometimes it may happen we detemine taht the stcoks ulimatey ahs botomed out like info,,,,it moved to 2000 few days back,,,,and tehn declined to 1600,,,
so we are here just to anlyse,,and detect nay indicator / theory...is helping us or not,

though i think it is looking airy,,,,and vague / and difficult though,,,just giving atry...
HOW TO DETERMINE THE STOCK GOING DOWNWARDS FOR LONG TEM HA SBOTTOMED OUT ..AND VICE VERSA,,,
well,,long time does nt denote ,,years / years,,,i would mention that,,,,

renu

the second part fo ur thinking is fine,,,,and perfect,,

but u did not notice i particularly am pointing to stocks which ahve given majority fo downside...i am not picking up teh topic for short term say (1 month few days)
i clearly mentioned long term ,,,broad aspect
and traders dairy is never targetd for long etrm apsect...is just trading!!!and trading ,,,which u siad ar per fib levls / support res.. frequent buys / sells..

sometimes it may happen we detemine taht the stcoks ulimatey ahs botomed out like info,,,,it moved to 2000 few days back,,,,and tehn declined to 1600,,,
so we are here just to anlyse,,and detect nay indicator / theory...is helping us or not,

though i think it is looking airy,,,,and vague / and difficult though,,,just giving atry...
HOW TO DETERMINE THE STOCK GOING DOWNWARDS FOR LONG TEM HA SBOTTOMED OUT ..AND VICE VERSA,,,
well,,long time does nt denote ,,years / years,,,i would mention that,,,,

renu
One very good method to know if a stock has bottomed out on long-term basis is when Daily chart start making 1-2-3 pattern or if the price has cut the most prominent downtrend line.

For traders who want to pick up falling stock for long term basis may use monthly/weekly support trendlines. One example is here.

http://www.traderji.com/equities/22002-information-about-ntpc.html

One very good method to know if a stock has bottomed out on long-term basis is when Daily chart start making 1-2-3 pattern or if the price has cut the most prominent downtrend line.

For traders who want to pick up falling stock for long term basis may use monthly/weekly support trendlines. One example is here.

http://www.traderji.com/equities/22002-information-about-ntpc.html
yes u r right
BTW i know one master mind doing it for decades.....
here you go
http://www.traderji.com/general-trading-investing-chat/21384-sharing-trading-technique-2.html

renu daga

yh....123,,patternm is very simplest ..[attern/ safest...and tried,,,and it truly gives good results

so as far as if we come..till nows conclusion
123 pattern,,,,on daily, then check on for weekly...then go for monthly...as and according to stcok movemnets,,,though its tiring for fruiful

trendlines,,,is teh most imp theory which i ahve been following for the stcoks,,,,which gives us ready supports / res

and lastly,,,,patterns,,,first teh pattern ahs to be confirmed....tehn the breakouts have to be made ....and tehn the tgt of the pattern

candlesticks,,,which too are imp especially they are teh qiuckest signal indicators(sometimes false too),,but i hav ebeen working on it especially the reversals one ...an dtheir confirmation on the second day

now instead of posting teh links of variuos charts,,,i requset members to individually post on one common scrip,,so that we toegether can come to one point,in analysing..
by doing this i think we all ahve one common base...( a good one)...and expecially teh novice ones too can learn how to study achart in all aspects....

though as said this must have been down previuosly also,,,but i think refreshing will innovate us with new tones,,,removing the wrinkles,,,

renu
let us start with INFOSYS CHART....(i dont find anything great,in infosys,,but stcoks will be ,,only ones of frontline stocks,,)
if nayone has any views on this chart ,,pls post here...
its bear phase/ its bull run....its bottoming out,,,and now moving up...we have sen all these ,,cycles...in this chart

renu

U

uasish

asish da,,,
if someone is know ing technicals,,,,then knowing pivots with teh help of trnd lien is nota ta ll difficult,,,,the hh/hl/ll/lh.....even if that is cleared ,, i think there is something more..in the chrats(hidden )to identify very soon ....especailly at its bottom ,,, that eh stcok is bottoming out,,,at these levels...
i am rgt now working on this ,,,,topic,,,let see
i think if we scrutiny few charts,,,like infosys / reddy,.as i mentioned,,,,we can prcaticaly come and analyse,,,that before forming hh/hl/ll/lh,,we come to know that stock is botoming out....
may be / may not be,,,

renu
Even Nifty Fut has bottomed out,my subjective view.

Yes , surprisingly not a single chart posted so far. Since infy was mentioned here's my 2 cents worth. I prefer to use pattern targets to exit, so for infy it's made a lazy W and the chart says it all.;)

Attachments