Depth of Market (what that 3rd number)

bunny

Thanks TT for emphasizing those points. I must admit, I had forgotten about the "disclosed qty" thing and wasn't aware of that stop-loss order book.

AW10

Bunny, May I know the source of the screen shot in post 1 where u have #of orders, total qty, price data available.

Most of the broker's trading platform show order books without first column.
That is one of the powerful source to find out the orders of big players from the orders of retail players.

Simple interpration - if you have 1 order of qty 100 and 10 orders of qty 300 at next price tick (or 1 order of 20 qty), u can interpret that 1 order of 100 qty is coming from bigger player and other orders are of retail player. With experience, you will be able to monitor the typical ordersize that u can call as BIG order.

To understand the disclosed qty based orders..when price halts at a particular level then u know that big qty is getting executed at stop limit order at Mkt price. If you can visualise this then it is nothing but a narrow range bar with big volume under develpment.

HappyTrading

rajeshn2007

Thanks TT for emphasizing those points. I must admit, I had forgotten about the "disclosed qty" thing and wasn't aware of that stop-loss order book.

Hi,
the 'dislosed qty' is used in cash market only, and not in futures. (in cash market it creates lots of misguidance)
so that's not an issue in futures market.

bunny

Bunny, May I know the source of the screen shot in post 1 where u have #of orders, total qty, price data available.

Most of the broker's trading platform show order books without first column.
That is one of the powerful source to find out the orders of big players from the orders of retail players.
Hi AW10,
That screen shot is from AnandRathi's NEST Trader X'pro desktop based online trading platform.

I am also having account with Sharekhan, and even in Trade Tiger, that number is available.