Day Trading Tips

is there any tips for todays day trade, if so pl state. thy/
There are a few companies in Delhi, Thane, Ahmedabad who give daily day-trade tips for a monthly charge. They claim success everyday. They take the lowest and highest ends the stock touched and claim profits accrued on their advice. I subscribed to one of these and got taken for a ride. Didn't make any money at all.

I just follow what I see and mostly scalp, not waiting for large changes unless the movement is steadily up or down, like todays RIL. Every visit gets me about 0.3 to 0.7% return on the money I put in. This visit lasts about an hour. No extra time. What I need must happen within an hour. If not, bad luck. I repeat this 4 times a day. On an average I make about 1.5 to 2.5% a day. Oh no! not everyday. On a bad day I lose almost 5% or 3days earnings. By sticking to 2/3 shares at a time one can concentrate on the price movements very well. You can even predict where side will go up or down; mostly I am right, but not always. The last hour is very important, this will make or mar your day. The last visit goes to 15 mins of last hour and if going is good I end at 3.20pm giving me time to look at dys events.At the end of each visit make sure you go thru your transactions and see they are not incomplete. Check the qty and the exchange NSE/BSE. Last week I shortsold in BSE and bought in NSE. So it went for Auction in BSE.

Earlier I used to target 10 company stocks and lose track; some time end up not settling the short sales and paid penalty thru Auction.

Here people talk about trailing stop loss, book profits and proceed etc. Can't understand what is trailing profit. I keep notional stoploss after which losses will not be affordable to me say about 2% away from my entry price. I donot understand any of the charts people talk about here nor follow what they write. They will laugh and say I have no method but am just groping in the dark. What ultimately matters is whether you make money or not.

I have no one to guide. Didn't see any guidance in the posts too. Will some of you get together and teach thru posts? We will all be grateful.

One needs lady luck to be at your side too.

vps

There are a few companies in Delhi, Thane, Ahmedabad who give daily day-trade tips for a monthly charge. They claim success everyday. They take the lowest and highest ends the stock touched and claim profits accrued on their advice. I subscribed to one of these and got taken for a ride. Didn't make any money at all.

I just follow what I see and mostly scalp, not waiting for large changes unless the movement is steadily up or down, like todays RIL. Every visit gets me about 0.3 to 0.7% return on the money I put in. This visit lasts about an hour. No extra time. What I need must happen within an hour. If not, bad luck. I repeat this 4 times a day. On an average I make about 1.5 to 2.5% a day. Oh no! not everyday. On a bad day I lose almost 5% or 3days earnings. By sticking to 2/3 shares at a time one can concentrate on the price movements very well. You can even predict where side will go up or down; mostly I am right, but not always. The last hour is very important, this will make or mar your day. The last visit goes to 15 mins of last hour and if going is good I end at 3.20pm giving me time to look at dys events.At the end of each visit make sure you go thru your transactions and see they are not incomplete. Check the qty and the exchange NSE/BSE. Last week I shortsold in BSE and bought in NSE. So it went for Auction in BSE.

Earlier I used to target 10 company stocks and lose track; some time end up not settling the short sales and paid penalty thru Auction.

Here people talk about trailing stop loss, book profits and proceed etc. Can't understand what is trailing profit. I keep notional stoploss after which losses will not be affordable to me say about 2% away from my entry price. I donot understand any of the charts people talk about here nor follow what they write. They will laugh and say I have no method but am just groping in the dark. What ultimately matters is whether you make money or not.

I have no one to guide. Didn't see any guidance in the posts too. Will some of you get together and teach thru posts? We will all be grateful.

One needs lady luck to be at your side too.

vps
Dear VPS
Nice way of intra-day trading. Its only your efforts and lady luck which enables you to make money and if not, some time-pass.

Nlikanth,

You are on the dot. Most importantly one should not be greedy. Greed is what makes people lose money. Be happy with 1% or less. I say that to expect 1% is itself greedy. Some stocks move very fast and cross 1% before you blink. These are god-send gifts and one should take it and exit immediately. Don't even go back later to see what you missed.

Earlier I used to wait for 9 or 10% return, Stock used to shoot up to 8% and start rapidly falling to -5%. So I learnt a very good lesson. GREED IS ENEMY NO 1.

You are right that one needs lots of luck even for making 0.3%.

Pl note that the percentages I mentioned are after brokerage and taxes which come to about 0.14% of investment in a stock i.e one has to make 0.44% to get 0.3%. Sharekhan charges me .08% brokerage for day trade applicable only when I buy shares in day-trade and not while selling

VPS

all sr. members are requested to put their valued advice regarding recent volatile stock market.Is it the right time to invest the long term perspective,if so pl. recommend the stocks and their entry point and target. thanking to all members for their hearty cooperation to beginners.

aad

Sanx,

Didnot find anything useful in the link. Pl explain
Thanx
vps
Dear VP,

You are probably the first person who is saying this... or may be your interests differ from ours. If you are only interested in trading on the basis of tips / advices given by someone, then may be, traderji is not the right place for you to be in. I am really sorry if you feel I am blunt.

How can you win the game without understanding it ? Many willing hands will come forward if you express a desire to learn here. I am very sure about this.

To start, you may download the toolbar created by Pankaj (PKjha) and use the links given there to broaden your understanding about the market in general as well as about how to trade. Many a beautifully written books are suggested by Traderji himself as well as other senior members in this forum. You will find their names and lists and even from where to buy them here. You will have to put in your efforts to read those posts / books and then get started. If you prefer reading online, you may visit sites like stockcharts.com who have extensive reading material. There are many paper trading sites available where you can do paper trade to get hang of the things.

If you still insist on putting in your money in stock market without having to understand what goes inside then please put in your money in some mutual funds. Your money will at least grow there. Trying to trade intraday without sound knowledge is like trying to do heart transplant surgery on the first day of MBBS.

I was actually moved by reading last part of your message (I have no one to guide) and hence wrote all this. I hope you will take this in right spirit.

Best regards,

Abhay

U

uasish

Dear VP,

You are probably the first person who is saying this... or may be your interests differ from ours. If you are only interested in trading on the basis of tips / advices given by someone, then may be, traderji is not the right place for you to be in. I am really sorry if you feel I am blunt.

How can you win the game without understanding it ? Many willing hands will come forward if you express a desire to learn here. I am very sure about this.

To start, you may download the toolbar created by Pankaj (PKjha) and use the links given there to broaden your understanding about the market in general as well as about how to trade. Many a beautifully written books are suggested by Traderji himself as well as other senior members in this forum. You will find their names and lists and even from where to buy them here. You will have to put in your efforts to read those posts / books and then get started. If you prefer reading online, you may visit sites like stockcharts.com who have extensive reading material. There are many paper trading sites available where you can do paper trade to get hang of the things.

If you still insist on putting in your money in stock market without having to understand what goes inside then please put in your money in some mutual funds. Your money will at least grow there. Trying to trade intraday without sound knowledge is like trying to do heart transplant surgery on the first day of MBBS.

I was actually moved by reading last part of your message (I have no one to guide) and hence wrote all this. I hope you will take this in right spirit.

Best regards,

Abhay
Only if i had these valuable guidance at the begining of my Trading career !!

aad

Only if i had these valuable guidance at the begining of my Trading career !!
C'mon Ashish da, people like you create the path and share the same here which works as valuable guidance to novices like us... people like you, saint, oilman alongwith many other traders in this forum are the torch bearers for me... For me, I have just started climbing and can't even see where you people are... :)

and if you are talking about initial losses, invariably every successful trader has gone through the same and learnt from his mistakes and improved his trading. Rather I would say that everyone must undergo the initial humiliation process which helps him identify where he stands vis-a-vis market pros. :)

Best regards,

Abhay