Day trading a boon

For day trading it is essential to know which are bullish stocks and which are not for the day concerned...inthe bearish market even the bullish stock rises and vice versa.I rather prefer to enter in to short and long positions everyday...just think if u get a chance to short a bearish stock at a high level..in gap up opening case.....or get a chance to buy a bullish stock at low level in gap down opening..i am certain you are going to pocket profits whcih may rise with trailing stop loss....but it needs courage to do so...Bijoy ..Bhilai

scplindia

For day trading it is essential to know which are bullish stocks and which are not for the day concerned...inthe bearish market even the bullish stock rises and vice versa.I rather prefer to enter in to short and long positions everyday...just think if u get a chance to short a bearish stock at a high level..in gap up opening case.....or get a chance to buy a bullish stock at low level in gap down opening..i am certain you are going to pocket profits whcih may rise with trailing stop loss....but it needs courage to do so...Bijoy ..Bhilai
Thanks for the tips

Care to explain the maths of point number 9????? :)
yes u r r8........he sud kick out from this forum..as he posted for commercial ...:clapping:

What is a boon to one trader can be a curse to another.

So its more important for the trader to find out what sort of trading is suitable for him . In other words who is he. Its an internal journey.

To declare generally day trading is a boon is not fare . But if we understand that whatever is posted by any trader here is a self talk meant to improve and hold faith in what one is doing , then with compassion we can allow it.

So brothers my fellow traders , please allow traders to express their mind, but dont jump to conclusions that what ever is said here is applicable to all.

Even if somebody wants to copy others ideas , there is no alternative to transform that idea into one's own , without hard work.

I am a day trader who has reached to a stage that I can say I am profitable now after 7 yrs of trading. I have chosen the style it suits my psyche.
However , I still doubt that I am missing the real style with which stocks should be traded. Perhaps that uncertainity of perfection is esential for my growth as trader to learn ceaselessly.

Last edited:
Its the most difficult and the most enjoyable profession there is...! Fact is that 90% people work hard to make the 10% wealthy. Every one want to be the 10% and continue to donate till they become a part of the 10% or run out of capital / motivation.
nice observation ...:lol::lol::lol:

veluri1967

Point No.19 (I think he forgot to add)

There are only two rules in trading.

Rule 1 - Buy low, sell high.
Rule 2 - If you cannot buy low, please refer rule 1 or take my classes.:D

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I am not a day trader, but do watch intraday movements very closely. When it comes to trending or trading markets, I have myself been unable to recognize it on a real time basis. Other traders with whom I have interacted are also having the similar experience. By the time you realize that the market is in a trading range, "you have already been severely whipsawed", and by the time you realize that its a trending movement, "half of the trend is already over" and may be already coming to an end. The words in quotes are not my own, but that of experienced intraday traders like Pride. Linkon also has similar experience. He has even gone to the extent to saying to the effect that "Trend followers end up trend chasers". So is the answer to the question "trending or trading?" really so simple on a real time basis.

It is easy to postulate rules but when it comes to real time trading, I do not think these rules will be of much use. The rules assume that "once a trade goes southward" it will finally crash into the ground. The trader may be merely caught in a downward retracement of a up trending market.

As far as strict stop losses go, again the assumption is that triggering of the stop loss ends all possibilities of the trade becoming unprofitable. There are numerous occasions on which the price has moved against you only to eat your stop loss and force you to cover at the last tick against you.

Also, are you an trader or a "tutor" of day trading?
very well said indeed.:clap: