Day Traders Lounge.

mohan.sic

Vertigo,

As I said before, were it anybody else, nothing would have happened. But Amir Khan? How dare he express his opinion? Come on folks, let's bash him up. And more people join the fun, the better we will feel.

Can you please explain what you mean by this..

"But Amir Khan? How dare he express his opinion?"

You think India is treating him as a third class citizen where he cannot dare ?
You think Indians are having fun in bashing him ?

If you think so, why ? whats the reason for your opinions?

Since you dont follow the crowd and developed the habit of thinking own, you better come with your own reasoning....

I hope you wont be intolerant with me and explain things in a lay man language for me..

mohan.sic

Yes, then what about our history Hindus killed their own Hindus in the name of Saivas and vainavas. Violence is like fire, it needs only medium to burn, reasons may change.

Humans are also lived as wild animals atleast for last 20lakh years , It takes atleast few lakh years to evolute into
cultured living things. :lol:
What a immature comment you have made...

You must atleast have some basic knowledge about religion and its history.

bpr

The social media has taken up the issue. Guilty verdict has been pronounced. But how many people have actually heard or read of Amir Khan's statement? There is a BIG difference between saying :

1. India is an intolerant country.

And

2. There is growing intolerance in the country.

If Amir Khan had stated that India is an intolerant country, I would have said he was wrong. If he is saying that there is growing intolerance in the country, the people's reaction from asking him to go to Syria, live with ISIS, and making personal attacks on him and bringing his personal life - from his wife, to how much he has charged for a show, to other unverifiable facts into the picture, (Even if it was true) just proves the point he is trying to make. That, we are prone to be swayed by emotions. So these will brand you as traitor, invite personal attacks, ask you to leave the country etc..

1. Speaking the truth.

2. Having the right to speak one's mind (Irrespective of being right or wrong)

3. Speak the truth if it is inconvenient.

Am not at all surprised.

I disagree with what Amir Khan said also I disagree with people who have said "comments like asking him to go to Syria, live with ISIS, and making personal attacks blah blah..."

But having said that those people too have their right to expression.
But looks like you have overlooked that fact.

OR Are we supposed to be tolerant of Amir khans view and intolerant of others views who make personal attacks on Amir.

You urself said in point 2
"Having the right to speak one's mind (Irrespective of being right or wrong)"

Why do I get the sense that you needed to defend ones view vs other.
You can simply say u agree with Amir's view and disagree with others view and move on....

Last edited:

mohan.sic

I disagree with what Amir Khan said also I disagree with people who have said "comments like asking him to go to Syria, live with ISIS, and making personal attacks blah blah..."

But having said that those people too have their right to expression.
But looks like you have overlooked that fact.

OR Are you supposed to be tolerant of Amir khans view and intolerant of others views who make personal attacks on Amir.

You urself said in point 2
"Having the right to speak one's mind (Irrespective of being right or wrong)"

Why do I get the sense that you needed to defend ones view vs other.
You can simply say u agree with Amir's view and disagree with others view and move on....

But some class of people thinks, A person has right to speak on NATION in a negative way But people dont have right to condemn him in the way they want.

I doubt even if these people undersand what is freedom of expression.

amitrandive

https://in.celebrity.yahoo.com/post/134050056577/time-for-some-contemplation-aamir

They say for a reason – when in doubt wear black. And while I get into my LBD to a high profile party, my mom tells me – when in doubt, keep that pretty mouth shut. Guess, not every mom gave this piece of precious advice to her little ones. Result –crazy comments in public and tweets in social media. Most of the time they backfire to ruin the clean image of our celebs too. Here are a few instances of such comments by Aamir which were better never made.

https://en-maktoob.entertainment.ya...used-jokes-made-emotional-side-183000819.html

“I think in the last maybe six to eight months, there is a growing sense of despondency. When I chat with Kiran at home, she says, ‘Should we move out of India?’ That’s a disastrous and big statement for Kiran to make. She fears for her child. She fears what the atmosphere around us will be. She feels scared to open the newspapers every day.

Too much ink has been splurged in the past few days in protest, clarification, and criticism of Amir Khan’s innocent and candid statement. Though the thoughts which provoked the anger of the commoners were fuming from Kiran Rao’s apprehension about her family’s safety in this country, guns were pointed at the mister owing to vast recognition as compared to his better-half’s almost none. Sadly, all of PK star’s repeated endeavors to clear the air fell flat on face. Kiran, what do you fear of losing anyway? You have too much money to buy all the security that comforts you. This nation has mothers willing to send their kids to join the Army after losing their husbands at the battle field.

Apparently, this wasn’t the first time Amir made a comment that found itself under the radar for all the wrong reasons. Couple of years ago he triggered the rage of all SRK fans for his following blog:

“….Shahrukh is licking my feet and I am feeding him biscuits every now and then. …. Shahrukh is the name of our dog. And before you jump to any further conclusions let me add that I had nothing to do with naming him. In fact Shah Rukh is the dog of the caretakers of our house….”and he ends this blog with “Well Shahrukh is once again begging for my attention, so let me get back to him. He is smelling too much, he needs a bath.”

May be he got lucky buying a house that comes with a Shah Rukh Khan, but this comment didn’t get him into a place even rarely close to anything known as luck. Even if someone relents to his explanations of the dog’s nomenclature, it doesn’t take a degree in Aerospace Engineering to get the dig he made at King Khan through his post. And in combination to devout fans of SRK, he ruffled the neutral audience and was thrashed some hard criticism even from cine-goers who otherwise remain indifferent to such celeb-feuds. Not that all the Aamir devotees took it in a free spirit either. Many found it to be of low taste, especially in when SRK’s intelligent and calm response came in –

“I have never bothered about it because I also say a lot of things in fun and I think I am also may be stressing somebody else out. I don’t get stressed when friends pass comments like this. Actually I enjoyed it.”

Amir Khan had also cordially invited all the lashes from the masses and media for his response on AIB roast earlier this year. This is a part of what he said,

“I have not yet seen that roast, but I have heard a lot about it roast’. And I have seen 2-3 clips of that, I was deeply affected by that and I was most disappointed in what I was hearing. I completely believe in freedom of speech no issues, but we have to understand we all have certain responsibilities. When I heard what was being described to me I felt it was a very violent event. I do not like such things. Violence does not mean only physical, it can be verbal too. When you insult someone, you are perpetuating violence. When you are abusing or insulting someone, you are showing the world how violent you are,”

I cannot lie, I didn’t like the AIB roast show either. I personally felt it was cheap and vulgar and completely resonate with Amir’s point. These guys tried their best to emulate the stand-up comedians of the west, but we can’t deny, however much we try to look cool, we are a different country culturally and a show like this doesn’t completely gel well with the majority of us. But that is my personal opinion and honestly aint nobody got time to care about me or my opinion. However, when a superstar like Aamir Khan says the same, people somehow squeeze out some time to dissect and condemn it without even minutely reflecting on its fitment. It was a little rude yet honest message that came from Russell Peters to Aamir Khan after his AIB roast reaction.

“Someone tell Aamir Khan to shut up.”

Time to contemplate this message, is it? Well, don’t shut up, but since every word coming out of your high priced mouth is destined to be under the magnifying glass, why not brood a little over the ramifications in advance?

But some class of people thinks, A person has right to speak on NATION in a negative way But people dont have right to condemn him in the way they want.

I doubt even if these people undersand what is freedom of expression.
Arre baba, you are saying that "condemning" is a one way street ?? That Amir Khan has the right to condemn the nation, but the nation doesnt have the right to condemn Amir Khan ?

I doubt if Amir Khan understands the "responsibility" of freedom of expression.

TradeJoker

'There is growing intolerance in the country.' This is what amir said, same opinion expressed by infosys narayana murthy,Raghuram Rajan,AR Rehman rasool pookutty, and many writers, if anyone disagree with them, they have the freedom, and create cartoons,share it through social media, and express it.
Yday one frnd shared me a pic on Facebook , amir n SRK burning flag, I askd him why ur sharing? Ur a fan of both stars, and he said 'look at the graphics perfection, that's why I shared'

Last edited:
'There is growing intolerance in the country.' This is what amir said, same opinion expressed by infosys narayana murthy,Raghuram Rajan,AR Rehman rasool pookutty, and many writers, if anyone disagree with them, they have the freedom, and create cartoons,share it through social media, and express it
In this case, "expressing disagreement" deems as "intolerance" :D

A catch-22 situation.