Dabba walah

Riskyman

The catch is IF ALL IS WELL (obviously for the Dealer) , if not, the Dealer flies to a new Dwell leaving the traders in Hell, so whether the Traders do Well or jump into Well , the Dealer always Swell.

in a Zamana where even the bowel movements are a matter of bets, this Dabba Trade is surprisingly lesser known.
These Dabba trades work on trust. Trust of the highest order, where once you commit then its carved in stone. There are dabbas that have been in business for decades.

Riskyman

Have you traded with them or only hear say
I have personally never ever traded with them. And I dont want to. But I know a couple of Gujarati folks that trade with them. And a couple of them that run it. The guys that run the business never really want to talk about in open so there is only so much that you can extract from them. But the guys that trade told me that its simply based on trust and once you commit its simply carved in stone. You have to honor your commitments no matter what.

Hop into any sub urban Mumbai local in the morning time and you will find many guys doing dabba trades :) . This is how I learnt of it for the first time when I used to travel to work about a decade ago. I really do not know the intricate details of the business but a few basics will be explained to you by any Gujarati on a Mumbai Local if you are interested :)

I have personally never ever traded with them. And I dont want to. But I know a couple of Gujarati folks that trade with them. And a couple of them that run it. The guys that run the business never really want to talk about in open so there is only so much that you can extract from them. But the guys that trade told me that its simply based on trust and once you commit its simply carved in stone. You have to honor your commitments no matter what.

Hop into any sub urban Mumbai local in the morning time and you will find many guys doing dabba trades :) . This is how I learnt of it for the first time when I used to travel to work about a decade ago. I really do not know the intricate details of the business but a few basics will be explained to you by any Gujarati on a Mumbai Local if you are interested :)
Though I like to know the intricate details of the business, but for me, to travel in a Mumbai local and to talk a Gujarati about this trade, may not be possible, as I am from far north of Mumbai. :)

Riskyman

Though I like to know the intricate details of the business, but for me, to travel in a Mumbai local and to talk a Gujarati about this trade, may not be possible, as I am from far north of Mumbai. :)
If you are in Gujarat, Its even more easy to track one of these dabba guys.

All daaba King from PUNE and kalyan (Mumbai)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M General Trading & Investing Chat 5