CV's Psycho Collections

C

CreditViolet

The notion that trading is mostly mental/psychological is complete rubbish. A negative frame of mind can interfere with the best of skills and experience, but a positive frame of mind won't provide you with the pattern recognition skills and the conceptual integration to make the above trade. The way you learn short-term trading is by seeing one example of a pattern, after another, after another, after another.- Steenbarger

Hello CV

Its often mentioned that trading is a profession where only about 5% make it.

Just read this,

Of all ppl starting out to loose weight only 10% achieve their goals, and out of those only 2% maintain it going ahead a year! So thats 2% success rate.

Inference: Trading is 250% easier than loosing and maintaining weigth !

So much for percentage . . .

Thanks
nb

R

ratan jain

Hello CV

Just read this,

Of all ppl starting out to loose weight only 10% achieve their goals, and out of those only 2% maintain it going ahead a year! So thats 2% success rate.

Thanks
nb

Hmmmm.... that would explain my success at trading hehehehehe

Lost 14 kg in 3 months

But gained back 8 in 2 months!

Who said things fall faster than they rise?

Man, am I hungry right now!!!!!!!!! starving!!!!!!!!!!! gotta loose those 8 kgs this month!

Hello CV

Just read this,

Thanks
nb
Thats not 2% its actually 2% of 10%.

And 5% of how many?That itself is quite an incomplete statement.

psycho :confused:. no..

I think it was new released 'Anaconda' I watched the eve, I had the biggest fin loss of mine.

Can't forget J Lo standing up from that chair... Jess any psycho solution ?

U

uasish

Jesse,

If possible for you then we would request to give some insight on the Edge / Psycohlogy aspect of Trading.

Asish

the tape

Friends and Foes :D

No introductions, you know the drill, few 'pieces' of psycho advice that I recommend instead of "I should have bought and sold here and since I havent there must be a unresolved deep seeded super-id psychological issue"

My opinion of pop psychology is same as Detective Nick Curran from the movie Basic Instinct when he was asked
Psychologist - Nick, when you recollect your childhood, are your recollections pleasing to you?
Google for the Answer :D

One site worth reading for all psychological issues ( after you have an edge in trading ) would be Dr Bruce Hong's blog.For the coming posts I will highlight articles by him that I found useful, for now here is the site.

Site is - http://traderpsychology.blogspot.com/

More later
HI cv !

The blog is great !