Crude Oil Trading

vijkris

Learner and Follower
VijKris,

The problem with looking at charts eod is that it looks perfect. And the reason is that MA repaints. So what is looking now like a prefect chart, at that time, would not have had a MA crossover. As the price moved up dramatically, the MA tightened up (as it appears eod) and hence looks like a perfect time to take the trade.

I have been experimenting on RENKO charts with MA's when I noticed this problem. So working on some alternative indicator, which does not not have similar problem.....

My 2C.
yes sir agreed. specially 15 min . at the last moment ma can show failed crossover.. atleast for crude, I m thinking of pratap sir's AMA, last week had good results in rough backtesting.

VijKris,

The problem with looking at charts eod is that it looks perfect. And the reason is that MA repaints. So what is looking now like a prefect chart, at that time, would not have had a MA crossover. As the price moved up dramatically, the MA tightened up (as it appears eod) and hence looks like a perfect time to take the trade.

I have been experimenting on RENKO charts with MA's when I noticed this problem. So working on some alternative indicator, which does not not have similar problem.....

My 2C.
DSM,

It's not crossover only price close above/below both MA is sufficient.

DSM

Ankur,

Same can happen with price above/below, even if not a crossover. MA line will be redrawn up or down in live scenario. So price may display above MA at one time and down another.... But anyway, if you are confident trading with MA, it should not matter.....

DSM,

It's not crossover only price close above/below both MA is sufficient.