Crude Oil - 10 EMA Reverse Strategy

Dear Mangatha,

Which parameters are suitable for 1hr time frame.
2, 10 is good.

But 8 continuous wrong signals may come at any time during sideways market. but you should not change the strategy. you should follow the same. at that time, automatically capital will be recovered and profit will come. as per backtest result, it has given 900 points profit for 60 trades for past 4 months

Actually it is suitable to all volatile future contracts

there is more probability to get the good results in nifty. because crude and nifty are four digits product

if i check with silver, it may also be suitable to bank nifty.

anyways, it is better to do separate backtest for nifty and bank nifty. i dont have data for this. because i dont trade NSE

"crude and nifty are four digits product"

Nice ......dear

Ok friends.

As this is a simple strategy, there is no such participation in this thread. but it gives constant profit gradually with hourly chart in crude oil.

You work out and get the benefits of the strategy which is credited to market calls rajendran.

I will share another strategy in my new thread..

Thanks to all

Hi Mangatha!!

Vanakam thala...

If you are still using this strategy, can you please tell me how it is going?

I have been in search for good trading strategies for CRUDE.

I live in chennai.. if possible, can you help me with that??:thumb:

Hi,

I have not Amibroker but i am using trade tiger can any one elaborate the AFL as it is using 10EMA on hourly chart.
Its a simple strategy but how can i achieve it in trade tiger.

umeshmandal

Hi,

I have not Amibroker but i am using trade tiger can any one elaborate the AFL as it is using 10EMA on hourly chart.
Its a simple strategy but how can i achieve it in trade tiger.

I dont use Trade Tiger, never used it or tried it ! But according to what I have read you can get a Live chart of Cride in it with 10 EMA drawn on a Live chart.
The 10EMA Reverse strategy : Buy signal will generate in case of hourly candle closes below 10EMA and sell signal will generate if the candle closes above 10EMA.
The AFL , it seems simply identifies the candles that close above or below the EMA ! You can do that visually or if Trade Tiger allows it the same can be marked, its no big issue.
These are the original rules:

1)Every time the long and short position needs to be reversed whenever the signal arrives on the hourly timeframe
2)Position needs to be carry forwarded (Gap UP and GAP down risk is there)
3)Rs 100 brokerage is added in per leg transaction while backtesting (needs to be adjusted according to your brokerage structure)
4)Exit if the candle moves above 55-60 points on closing basis. Here stoploss is decided on closing basis.
5)Trade every time with two lots of MCX Crude

ps.: Text copy pasted from Marketcall site of Rajandran. Visiting the original site can be helpful to trade this set up!

Time Frame to be used: One Hour only

Trading System : Positional Trading only

Minimum Capital Required : Above 75000 Rupees for one lot

Rules to be followed:

Buy or sell at the hourly closing bar only

If the buy arrow displays, you should sell

If the sell arrow displays, you should buy

this is very simple trading system. But results are fantastic if you trade every signals. dont use this system for intraday.

If you have any doubts, i will explain further
Hi,
don't you think , positional trade could be risky? news impact crude oil ..gap up and gap down opening.
do you believe small timeframe make bigger timeframe or either way bigger timeframe always follow their pattern?
Is it possible to get L2 data for crude oil? i heard data comes into nest is delayed data

thank you