Correction and Suggestion needed.

fahed

I use the following, Please let me know how to improve it or fine tune it for me experts.

Day Trading :

1. Use 5SMA and 10SMA, Crossover indication for buy or sell, Whipsaws in risk, Use Candlestick to see Hammer or inverted Hammer.

Positional Trade :

1. Use 3SMA and 10SMA, Crossovers used for Buy or sell signals. Whipsaws in risk, Use Candle stick to see Hammer or Inverted Hammer.

2. Use RSI for opportunities.

MurAtt

Read SH's 315 strategy to fine tune you EMA x-over system.
Seems to be working out fine. Do check it out.

Using EMA rather than SMA is better.. Atleast it worked well for me..
Also see 13,22,34,55 EMA's cross over..
back test it with particular stock and see..

And what time frame are you using for indraday??

fahed

Using EMA rather than SMA is better.. Atleast it worked well for me..
Also see 13,22,34,55 EMA's cross over..
back test it with particular stock and see..

And what time frame are you using for indraday??
I dont worry on a particular TF, I just look for the crossovers. And 13,22,34,55 EMAs, are you suggesting using 3 at a time or 2 at a time??:eek:

I dont worry on a particular TF, I just look for the crossovers. And 13,22,34,55 EMAs, are you suggesting using 3 at a time or 2 at a time??:eek:
Sorry for the confusion. Different stocks has different volatility. So use all the above EMA's and back test.. Higher the average, more is the reliability.. Use it based on ur risk..

My Choice:
EMA3 & EMA15 for intraday on nifty..
EMA3 & EMA34 for swings on nifty..

I am not into positional trading yet:lol:

Regards,
Siri

fahed

Sorry for the confusion. Different stocks has different volatility. So use all the above EMA's and back test.. Higher the average, more is the reliability.. Use it based on ur risk..

My Choice:
EMA3 & EMA15 for intraday on nifty..
EMA3 & EMA34 for swings on nifty..

I am not into positional trading yet:lol:

Regards,
Siri
Hey 3 and 15 EMA is a great indicator, I never used it, I used 5 and 10 and got whipsawed frequently, I just saw some previous charts and found 3 and 15 for intra and delivery are great.

Any way what software do you use.???

Hey 3 and 15 EMA is a great indicator, I never used it, I used 5 and 10 and got whipsawed frequently, I just saw some previous charts and found 3 and 15 for intra and delivery are great.

For live data i use icharts website. Currenlty I am also using FCHARTS(freeware) and checking its reliability..

For intraday its difficult to trade alone based on the 315 strategy. Using it along with the combination of pivots gave me good results..

Regards,
Siri

What do u mean by software??

For live data i am using icharts website.

Regards,
Siri