Copying a Legend-Rakesh Jhunjhunwala

hik

Hello,

here is the full interview link of RJ.

http://deadpresident.blogspot.in/2011/10/rakesh-jhunjhunwala-worst-trading-year.html

iam not saying that he is not a good trader. rise and down will always there in trading,what iam saying is he solely depends upon stock picking,he never care for exits,which is bad,see he gone debt and he still want to hold that trades at that time,and he also says that he never no wat he will gonna do with his positions.

see he is a discretionary trader,which involves psychology for trading decisions and when pshycology involves there is lot more chances/room for errors and which he does.

study carefully the interview u will notice lot of points which r not suitable for a professional trader like he is.

Regards,

Thanks or sharing the article, its nice to read his interview.

What exactly you mean by "RJ's Trend following strategy"?
what i mean with 'RJ TFS' is that it is that this strategy is based on my interpretation of Mr Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's trading metholodogies.

This is a medium time frame discretionary trading system and trading decisions
are taken within some broad parameters.

Once a trend is underway, it is more likely to continue in that direction , so once a consolidation is completed, positions are taken in anticipation of a breakout .

Position sizes are increased after the breakout.

SL are placed below or above the consolidation depending on whether one is long or short.

More explanation will follow as this thread progresses.

what i mean with 'RJ TFS' is that it is that this strategy is based on my interpretation of Mr Rakesh Jhunjhunwala's trading metholodogies.

This is a medium time frame discretionary trading system and trading decisions
are taken within some broad parameters.

Once a trend is underway, it is more likely to continue in that direction , so once a consolidation is completed, positions are taken in anticipation of a breakout .

Position sizes are increased after the breakout.

SL are placed below or above the consolidation depending on whether one is long or short.

More explanation will follow as this thread progresses.
Hello MT

Thanks for the answer.

I was interested in more specifics about all the above stuff,
the performance of a positional trend following system will take many months (if not years) to be seen.

Anyway, best wishes for your project

::thumb::