Confused - Sharekhan vs Icicidirect vs Hdfc vs Kotak vs Indiabulls vs 5paise

which online broker u prefer and why - chose one

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lazytrader

Going for SIP from ELSS has a disadvantage. Every SIP will have to stay invested for 3 years from the date of investment. So in case of SIP invest in lump sum.
ELSS saves tax which is equal to making money.
SIP is better because in lumpsum you will get less returns because the nifty PE right now is over 22.

SIP is better in any case.

lazytrader

I want to keep the investments online, including SIP. so please advise. If it comes out of the bank even when done through sharekhan (or other, like india infoline) then it is convenient. Else if I have to transfer money from bank to the trading platform each time, before the SIP date, that's very inconvenient.

Thanks!
If you give your bank account number when doing SIP they will deduct your bank account automatically every month so no need to trasfer.

Why do I hear so many bad things about ICICIDIRECT? I have been using it as a long term investor for years and have no complaints except for the high brokerage which is obviously not suitable for traders. If any recent bad experiences with ICICIDIRECT, please share.

lazytrader

Why do I hear so many bad things about ICICIDIRECT? I have been using it as a long term investor for years and have no complaints except for the high brokerage which is obviously not suitable for traders. If any recent bad experiences with ICICIDIRECT, please share.
If you trade more often and try different things then you are more likely to discover problems. Hold for all brokerages.

If you give your bank account number when doing SIP they will deduct your bank account automatically every month so no need to trasfer.
It looks like what you say is possible only with ICICIDirect & such bank accounts linked to DMAT. There it is not needed to transfer money for SIP as it directly goes from the bank account (ICICI to ICICIDirect)

But for 3rd party platforms such as sharekhan it HAS to go thru the 'mutual fund account' section of the 3rd party else they dont gain. So in such cases each time transfer is needed from the bank. I guess there is no single solution which has all advantages!!

Hi Sunandoghosh ,
1. The brokerage Indiabulls charge is-
For futures & options they charge .03% each side + taxes. For opening an account I had paid Rs 1200/=. (I had opened the a/c long back. Their a/c opening fee may have been varied. Please enquire in Indiabulls.) I mostly trade in Index futures.
2. I use a laptop having AMD processor which is very fast and have a reliance mobile for internet connections so that I can be connected anywhere
where there is reliance network.
a.They do not have the facility to trade in BSE, online.
b. For the software (Power Indiabulls) I had not paid any extra ammount apart from one time fee paid at the time of opening the a/c.
c. Prior to opening an a/c with Indiabulls I had Sharekhans. Comparatively Indiabulls charges are very less at that time. So I shifted to Indiabulls. I had not faced any login problems in Sharekhan or Indiabulls. Only thing is you should have a broad band internet connection. I think one should have a broad band connections for trading activity [ which involves your hard earned money and also in slow connections if you give orders by the time your order reaches the providers server the price which you have quoted may have been outdated since market fluctuates very rapidly] since the cost of using broad band has come down considerably and also very easy to get it .

Hope I have answered all your queries. If you need any further clarification you can ask me.
gvnarendra.

============================================
My question to u that does Indiabulls provide online INTRADAY call to their client like Motilal Oswal do . If yes then what is success rate of the call in Indiabulls.

Thank you

Hello everyone.

A friend opened a 3-in-1 account with HDFC first week of September. Followed the regular process of changing passwords on getting the kit and on 29'th September he got a Order/Trade confirmation and a Contract note in his mail for a trade done on 29'th. All of that with him not even logging into the trading system ever since changing his password or even allocating any funds/limits.

I thought such occurances were a thing of the past and not seen in cases of Bank-Brokers as such ?

Anyone else had or heard of such problems with HDFC Securities ?

Shriniwas K.
Pune.

Using Icicidirect - apart from high brokerage, its okay i suppose for long term traders/investors.

do u know friends whts d brokerage(exchange charge) that every other broking companies pay to the exchanges?. Its RS 3 per lakh volume in case of INTRADAY/ FUTURES, and less than RS 35 per lakh for delivery based transactions(cash delivery). and when it comes to OPTIONS usually charge is charge is on d basis of PREMIUM paid its just abt RS 20 per Lakh premium (Total volume could b in crores).
Now think whts d brokerage ur (retail trader/customer) being charged. Its usually 10-18 times d cost tht d brocking company incures, Moreever u will be charged minimum flore charge/brocking, which i have not factored in here to see the burden on u people.
thanks 4 raising this topic here.

bunny

do u know friends whts d brokerage(exchange charge) that every other broking companies pay to the exchanges?. Its RS 3 per lakh volume in case of INTRADAY/ FUTURES, and less than RS 35 per lakh for delivery based transactions(cash delivery). and when it comes to OPTIONS usually charge is charge is on d basis of PREMIUM paid its just abt RS 20 per Lakh premium (Total volume could b in crores).
Now think whts d brokerage ur (retail trader/customer) being charged. Its usually 10-18 times d cost tht d brocking company incures, Moreever u will be charged minimum flore charge/brocking, which i have not factored in here to see the burden on u people.
thanks 4 raising this topic here.
If what you say is true, then its very nice to know. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.