Companion guide for Saint's 60 minutes Flow

SamFisher

SAR Stop and Reverse

SAR: Stop and reverse
SAR is nothing but our stop loss for the current trade.
In the flow method there is no profit taking logic or target levels. We try to be on the trade as long as possible. We collect our profit/loss points when we close our current trade. As we start our new trade we are under loss because our Stop loss is below our buying price (assuming long trade). As the trade progresses in the profitable direction (up) we would get a new higher pivot low and that will be our new stop loss or SAR.

Rules for SAR
There are various conditions based on which we reverse our trade.

Pivot High/Low: This is the most simple and frequently used method for reversal. Common during normal trading days where there are no major gaps up/down.
In a Long trade the previous Pivot Low would act as SAR[*]In a Short trade the previous Pivot High would act as SAR

2 bar rule: This rule is applicable when markets are trending strongly in the direction of our trade, but we are not having valid pivots to set our SARs. So to protect our profits we use 2 bar rule. But remember using the pivot to define a SAR has weight than this method. Fallowing conditions should be satisfied to set this type of SAR
There should be atleast 3 WRBs continuously in the direction of our trade.
On completion of last or 3rd bar, we set our SAR at high of the first bar for Short Trade or at Low of first bar for Long Trade.

Sideways bars and reversal: Some times we get formation of pivot low/high but we never get the confirmation of the valid pivot by the next bars. Meaning the price just moves sideways couple of bars. This situation gives us an opportunity to setup SARs based on the low/high of the sideways bars.

Gap Rules

Gaps in the direction of the preexisting trend

We are on long trade, day 1,2,3,4.......big moves on the 60 minutes. One WRB after other and trade gets vertical then the market shuts and opens with a big visual gap up. Allow the 1st bar to form, put your stop below that bar and reverse to short when triggered. Same logic applies for short trade

Nothing to be done for all other gaps in the direction of the trend. Once the day progresses and pivots form, the latest pivot low can become the new recent stop and reverse point.

Gaps in the reverse direction of the preexisting trend

Assuming we are on 'Long trade', Preexisting trend is up. Now market open visual gap down. Check if price below the previous pivot low on the 60? If yes, short at the low of the first bar. If no, hold and see if pivots crack. Exit longs and go short. Vice versa for short trades.

Imp: Under each SAR condition we have specific filters so please check the filters table before setting the SAR

Last edited:
Samji,

I think 4 Bar rule is not applicable for 60 min.

Hari.
You are wrong,Hari

4 bars rule ( somebody coined this term,actually it is 2 bars rule) is applicable to 60 min flow when we get a move with steep gradient or in other words the rise/fall becomes too steep.

In fact most of the trades on Aban is on this rule. It is applicable also to NF in steep moves.

Best Wishes,

Smart_trade

SamFisher

Gaps and Visual Gaps

Gaps and Visual Gaps

Basically the 60 min Flow trade is supposed to be as little "YOU" as possible. We only believe and follow something obvious to our eyes. So to understand what is a gap or visual gap, we zoom out the charts and locate the gaps and gap type. We even change direction of our trade based on the type and direction of gap with certain conditions.

Simple gap, if in our trading direction we do not do anything other than enjoying the profit points. If opposite to our flow then we would act based on our SAR rules.

Visual gap, it is a gap that is obvious on the 60min chart to the naked eye, either by zooming out the chart or by visualizing it across the room.

Go thru the SAR section to see the gaps in action.

V

vvvv

Hari,
I have updated all the new changes to the rules as saint posted them(as per my understanding). But if you find any discrepancy please do let me know.
gap rules have changed..uve not updated it yet...
why r u puttin inside bar strategies in this thread..it has got nothing to do with the flow method.pls again re-read the stuff u have posted & make ammendments.
this is a companion guide to the 60 min flow.so pls encourage evry1 to post only wht is relevant to the title.
was out for a couple of weeks..rules hav changed & finding it difficult to compile all of it again...dont know if others are facing the same.
why dont u upload a pdf of the rules for downloading along with diagrams.

SamFisher

Gap Rules

Gaps in the direction of the preexisting trend

We are on long trade, day 1,2,3,4.......big moves on the 60 minutes. One WRB after other and trade gets vertical then the market shuts and opens with a big visual gap up. Allow the 1st bar to form, put your stop below that bar and reverse to short when triggered. Same logic applies for short trade

Nothing to be done for all other gaps in the direction of the trend. Once the day progresses and pivots form, the latest pivot low can become the new recent stop and reverse point.

Gaps in the reverse direction of the preexisting trend

Assuming we are on 'Long trade', Preexisting trend is up. Now market open visual gap down. Check if price below the previous pivot low on the 60? If yes, short at the low of the first bar. If no, hold and see if pivots crack. Exit longs and go short. Vice versa for short trades.
gap rules have changed..uve not updated it yet...
why r u puttin inside bar strategies in this thread..it has got nothing to do with the flow method.pls again re-read the stuff u have posted & make ammendments.
this is a companion guide to the 60 min flow.so pls encourage evry1 to post only wht is relevant to the title.
was out for a couple of weeks..rules hav changed & finding it difficult to compile all of it again...dont know if others are facing the same.
why dont u upload a pdf of the rules for downloading along with diagrams.
Hi vvvv,
Wel above are the gap rules I have here...
I think all the above holds good as per the current rules, only one thing now we do not distinguish between simple or visual gaps anymore.(As per my understanding)
Can you confirm if it right or please correct me.
Thanks

V

vvvv

VISUAL GAPS: A visual gap is simply a gap that can be seen visually.

i. Scenario 1: You are holding short positions in NF and market gaps down
visually. Not 0.5%, not 1%, not 5% and all that, visually. Reverse to longsinitial
position - on the break of the 1st 5min bar. I hope you understand, no
waiting for 3 days and 4 days. Visual gap down in the direction of your short
positions. Go long Rs20 above the first bar. Nothing to be done if prices
keep plummeting in the direction of trade.

ii. Scenario 2: You are holding short positions and market gaps up visually on
your 60min charts. Wait for the first bar to close(5mins), long above that
bar by Rs20, stops below that bar by Rs20 in case reversal back to shorts
happen on the same day. Nothing to be done if longs don't trigger and price
falls from there.

iii. Scenario 3: You are holding longs and market gaps up visually. Reversal
below the first 5min bar's low with stops at 5min bar's high. If lows trigger
by Rs20, exit longs and enter short. Nothing to be done if price gaps up and
keeps shooting up.

iv. Scenario 4: You are holding long positions and market gaps down visually.
Wait for that 5min bar to close. Short below that bar by Rs20 with stops
Rs20 above incase market reverts to longs the same day.

There is no more analysis of whether gap is below the stop or not. Every visual gap the direction of the move which is against the direction of the trade calls for a reversal.
The Rs20 level in case of visual gaps is a moving filter, which we have been using in the Intraday Mini Flow. NF gaps up to H 3500 L3466, the next hourly candle has to hit 3520 for us to reverse to longs. If it reaches 3515, our new entry price is 3535.
There is no moving filter in case of pivot reversals and 2bar method reversals.

SamFisher

VISUAL GAPS: A visual gap is simply a gap that can be seen visually.

i. Scenario 1: You are holding short positions in NF and market gaps down
visually. Not 0.5%, not 1%, not 5% and all that, visually. Reverse to longsinitial
position - on the break of the 1st 5min bar. I hope you understand, no
waiting for 3 days and 4 days. Visual gap down in the direction of your short
positions. Go long Rs20 above the first bar. Nothing to be done if prices
keep plummeting in the direction of trade.

ii. Scenario 2: You are holding short positions and market gaps up visually on
your 60min charts. Wait for the first bar to close(5mins), long above that
bar by Rs20, stops below that bar by Rs20 in case reversal back to shorts
happen on the same day. Nothing to be done if longs don't trigger and price
falls from there.

iii. Scenario 3: You are holding longs and market gaps up visually. Reversal
below the first 5min bar's low with stops at 5min bar's high. If lows trigger
by Rs20, exit longs and enter short. Nothing to be done if price gaps up and
keeps shooting up.

iv. Scenario 4: You are holding long positions and market gaps down visually.
Wait for that 5min bar to close. Short below that bar by Rs20 with stops
Rs20 above incase market reverts to longs the same day.

There is no more analysis of whether gap is below the stop or not. Every visual gap the direction of the move which is against the direction of the trade calls for a reversal.
The Rs20 level in case of visual gaps is a moving filter, which we have been using in the Intraday Mini Flow. NF gaps up to H 3500 L3466, the next hourly candle has to hit 3520 for us to reverse to longs. If it reaches 3515, our new entry price is 3535.
There is no moving filter in case of pivot reversals and 2bar method reversals.
vvvv,
I think you got the old version of rules

Check this one
http://www.traderji.com/equities/21903-going-60min-flow-704.html#post239337

Looks like you were away for long time! :)