Charts for the Day

anil Trivedi,
I find +ve Divergence in Dly Stochastic, but Not in Wly.
Chart posted.
Acording, it was a Buy > 297.3 ( days High 29/1)

The S/L for Short was 313.85, 20/1 pivot)
When it was breached, the s/l for Buy was 304.45 ( 11/2 )

This was where u had entered.
But my doubt is when u mentioned +ve Divergence for entry, u had not done above 297.3.
Can u pl explain the reason for Higher price entry.

Also, the Vol on 29/1 was Highest, ie on Down trend & it was a Doji.

Usually Higher vol on D/T is construed as weakness esp when stock did not close on positive side.
Nor was it a Reverse Bar.
Nor it breached the TL.

I await yr views to learn more.

Dear rangarajan,

Bharti was in downtrend, expected support was at 270-275 zone as shown by horizontal red lines...

As i told earlier, i had my own version of modified momentum indicator on MACD lines...for weekly it has +ve div for me...

Bar for 29/1 was down bar with above avg volume also more than previous bar and almost 50% above avg...with these much volume it closed withing previous bars range. So effort(volume) not given desired result(price fall).
So its a cautious here, it may or may not have possibility have selling stopped here...We need confirmation...

So for 1st feb, i closes up bar with above avg volume, but refused closing above 29/1 highs...I had chance to enter on 2nd feb, with break in TL and good volumes...but when i enter in downtrend, i enter only if get highs of bar giving 'buy' should be cleared...

So, bar of 2nd feb was buy bar for me, i waited on 3rd feb as its a inside bar...on 4th feb i gone long towards EOD as price cleared highs of 2nd feb also adding closing seems to be coming above 2nd feb high...

I exited partially near 329-330, trailing rest...Right now my Stoploss is as shown...

When in downtrend, there is a last bar where selling stopped...next days is a fight back day for bulls, if they succeed ok, else another downleg...If bulls succeed, there is a pause for a day or two, to assess volume on dips still there or not...Then from that afterwards, there is markup bar to clear all these range with above average volume...But if stock had 'v' shaped recovery it will simply run away...

rangarajan

anil Trivedi

Welcome back.
Today's 5 min Chart of Mothersumi posted.

Pl have a look at highlited portion.
Though there was effort( Vol ) on both occasions, the result( price) was Not commensurate.

Now, my query is when there was High vol in those candles, still the Low was broken.

What does it indicate & how do we trade once the low was broken.

Should we exit Long at this point or keep previous Swing Low as our S/l

anil Trivedi

Welcome back.
Today's 5 min Chart of Mothersumi posted.

Pl have a look at highlited portion.
Though there was effort( Vol ) on both occasions, the result( price) was Not commensurate.

Now, my query is when there was High vol in those candles, still the Low was broken.

What does it indicate & how do we trade once the low was broken.

Should we exit Long at this point or keep previous Swing Low as our S/l

Dear Rangarajan,

As i told earlier on 5min, reading volume is difficult thing. We dont know whether its a accumulation/distribution going on. Many institutional traders who want to accumulate or want to sell, come in intermittently only when their price is under cushion, so that avg buying price remains on lower.

Generally volume based up bar is taken as buying going on, if their is result for efforts putting in. Breaking simply low of that bar, is just one thing in that story, but not the only thing to rely upon to trade...

After initial inspection, if we assess its buying going on, (Efforts are getting translated into results) then price can either go sideways or chased higher.
Now if its sideways it can form a range..Here we need to look into, as just breaking low of that bar cant be termed as selling on that bar...

If prices move significant from that bar, then its a confirmation...so just note it there, sellers have came in that zone.Next time price come into that zone, it will reacts, to check selling there or not...

My entries/exits are independent of volume readings...Volume reading is just one thing in whole picture, my trades never based on it...Its just put caution on my trade and be on alert side...

rangarajan

Dear Rangarajan,

As i told earlier on 5min, reading volume is difficult thing. We dont know whether its a accumulation/distribution going on. Many institutional traders who want to accumulate or want to sell, come in intermittently only when their price is under cushion, so that avg buying price remains on lower.

Generally volume based up bar is taken as buying going on, if their is result for efforts putting in. Breaking simply low of that bar, is just one thing in that story, but not the only thing to rely upon to trade...

After initial inspection, if we assess its buying going on, (Efforts are getting translated into results) then price can either go sideways or chased higher.
Now if its sideways it can form a range..Here we need to look into, as just breaking low of that bar cant be termed as selling on that bar...

If prices move significant from that bar, then its a confirmation...so just note it there, sellers have came in that zone.Next time price come into that zone, it will reacts, to check selling there or not...

My entries/exits are independent of volume readings...Volume reading is just one thing in whole picture, my trades never based on it...Its just put caution on my trade and be on alert side...
anil Trivedi

T/U for the live reply.

Pl comment on the full chart after mkt reg price behaviour.

Now, yr posting has thoroughly confused me since repeatedly, u were discussing vol on the charts & i thought it is yr Trump card.

Real Carrom ball.:)