Charts for the Day

Tharu

Dear Tharu,

I trade most of the times in cash, and my trading/investing horizon runs from a 5 days to month or so...if i got to choose 5 stocks to invest in, that suits my trade plan, then i will see Relative strength, how it is performing vis-a-vis its sectoral indices or market index, to gauge early sign of turning...i also use relative performance chart of sectors from day to day basis...
Example. for current week the data in following chart is upto friday...

Idea is think like a portfolio manager, where you need to switch in between sectors that offers you more value for money...

Note : The data in above chart is last 250 trading days basis...
Thanks a lot.. Any idea about how to get sectoral indices performance chart in amibroker..??

Thanks a lot.. Any idea about how to get sectoral indices performance chart in amibroker..??
Dear Tharu,

Sorry dear, i use metastock and its not possible in it, so use excel for the same..regarding Amiborker search the web, something must be there, actually i advice all newcomers to use amibroker, its more adaptable to build any system, but since long time back i got used to metastock, i am attached to it...

Search on the forum too..there are many hidden gems on this forum...

mangup

Hi Anil,

Good Chart !

Will u pl help me to build this chart either in excel / metastock itself? I tried but unable to make it as the chart is getting distorted due to big diff among prices of the underlyings.

I wanted to build e.g Auto Index along with top 5 auto scrips, All index in one chart along with nifty, etc.

Hi Anil,

Good Chart !

Will u pl help me to build this chart either in excel / metastock itself? I tried but unable to make it as the chart is getting distorted due to big diff among prices of the underlyings.

I wanted to build e.g Auto Index along with top 5 auto scrips, All index in one chart along with nifty, etc.
Dear mangup,

The RHS scale is simply a SENSEX one(as seen as white line) while LHS scale is sector outperformance scale, you can start with 1 as a base and go on calculating daily RS, for each sector vs sensex and plot the end result.

mangup

Dear mangup,

The RHS scale is simply a SENSEX one(as seen as white line) while LHS scale is sector outperformance scale, you can start with 1 as a base and go on calculating daily RS, for each sector vs sensex and plot the end result.
Will u pl help me to build one e.g in either meta/excel?

mangup

Hi mangup,

As per me it cannot be done in metastock, it is possible in Amibroker but i donno, i dont have it. I am doing in excel, will surely guide you on this, its a lot easier.

:clap::clap::clap::thumb:
Thanks Anil!

I have daily values of all the indices & scripts.

Will u pl share an excel file containing this chart as an example?

Tharu

Dear Tharu,

Sorry dear, i use metastock and its not possible in it, so use excel for the same..regarding Amiborker search the web, something must be there, actually i advice all newcomers to use amibroker, its more adaptable to build any system, but since long time back i got used to metastock, i am attached to it...

Search on the forum too..there are many hidden gems on this forum...
I use Getbhavcopy for NSE EOD data where i dont get sectoral indices in NSE but in BSE.. Have not downloaded BSE data so far.. Just now doing it :)
Hope i can sort it out.. Thanx a lottttttt....

Thanks Anil!

I have daily values of all the indices & scripts.

Will u pl share an excel file containing this chart as an example?
Dear mangup,

No i will not share excel, instead i want you to learn it from scratch how to calculate it...with excel it will be spoon-feeding, which i am always opposed to...
So lets start building up, wasting no time, you can play it with during weekends and modified as per your choice...

I am here explaining the concept with sensex vs BSE AUTO & BSE BANKEX ok..you can add others too as per your requirement...

Repeat the same for Bankex, in case of Bankex in cell G3 & G4 your formulas should be,
=(D3/$D$2)/(B3/$B$2)
=(D4/$D$2)/(B4/$B$2)

Ok Then plot these two with sensex, take sensex scale as secondary and you are done...

Now understand what we are doing here, i am taking closing for last 250 trading days, and at point of time we are plotting the performance from year till date, thats why we are keeping relative referencing values same like in bankex if you had noticed $D$2 and $B$2 ,so that i am getting almost yearly performance for every sector vis a vis sensex...

Now please post what you had asked for, as an assignment...