Charges other than Brokerage for Stock Exchange Transactions

Nice thread. I am on my learning curve in stocks. One day i had a good profit but was shocked the next day when most of the profits were eaten by brokerage plus other charges. The real mistake was me doing too much transactions. Now i am learning to understand the extra burden of brokerages and extra charges.
Simple formula (if you are trading NSE) to include all your charges is to multiply your Intraday brokerage by 3. So, if your brokerage is 3 paise intraday for every 100 and you bought a 1000 Rs scrip, totally you''d be paying approx 0.9-1 Rs per share. For EOD, you multiply Intraday brokerage by 15.

nice thread
------------
Today I earned rs 73 through Angel brokers in NSE
But in my account they showed only rs 31
So they deducted rs 42 as tax

Can anyone explain these charges ??
You would have received a contract note from your broker.. The contract note gives you a detailed list of all the charges charged on your account. It is compulsary for the broker to send you the Contract Note.

Resp Sir,
Sorry for posting slightly less relevant. But did not know where to ask this query.
I want to trade, and I cannot be on screen as I have full time job.
My problem is about the stop loss and target orders. One example - I want to trade a future valued "x" on bullish opinion. I place a stop limit order to buy at price x. Now I want a stop loss sell order of "x-10", and for profit booking, I want a stop limit sell order "x+20". How to place those in a brokerage terminal ?
Firstly it takes 3 times the margin for one entity, as three seperate order considered. Secondly, if market reverses after a while, stop sell is executed, even though already profit is booked (x+20 sell executed already), and net result is I am short by one.
All people here discuss about swing trading etc, with a stop loss. But if we are away from screen, how does stop loss works ? Do you put stop limit sell order - which is risky or a stop market order ? All are BTW valid for the intraday only...
Senior members please guide what they do actually.
With regards

trading in option that too being away from screen man very dangerous....

Biker

Are the charges mentioned in first post still relevant? It has been few years that that post was made. Any changes in charges?

Any updates?

sibu3168

Resp Sir,
Sorry for posting slightly less relevant. But did not know where to ask this query.
I want to trade, and I cannot be on screen as I have full time job.
My problem is about the stop loss and target orders. One example - I want to trade a future valued "x" on bullish opinion. I place a stop limit order to buy at price x. Now I want a stop loss sell order of "x-10", and for profit booking, I want a stop limit sell order "x+20". How to place those in a brokerage terminal ?
Firstly it takes 3 times the margin for one entity, as three seperate order considered. Secondly, if market reverses after a while, stop sell is executed, even though already profit is booked (x+20 sell executed already), and net result is I am short by one.
All people here discuss about swing trading etc, with a stop loss. But if we are away from screen, how does stop loss works ? Do you put stop limit sell order - which is risky or a stop market order ? All are BTW valid for the intraday only...
Senior members please guide what they do actually.
With regards
Solution for your problem is "USE BRACKET ORDER". It is a three leg order and stop loss order, entry price and target order are entered simultaneously. In this case, If your stop loss is triggered, then the other order will be cancelled immediately or if your target is hit then the SL will be cancelled automatically.

But this fascility is not available with all brokers. In my view, Zerodha, RKSV are providing this fascility.

Hope it will clarify your doubt.