Career in commodity trading

trader21

A general question:
What kind of profile do firms look for when they select traders?

1. Graduate: the better a prop desk the better education it will seek.
2. Tests: must for most firms, they test a)reaction time b)reasoning c) critical thinking
3. Trading firms give little credit to finance related education(MBA, CFA, FRM). Engineer from a IIT may be selected over CFA with Bsc.
4. In interview they will seek these personal traits: http://www.traderji.com/trading-career-jobs/39384-personality-traits-trader.html
5. Personal trading experience may not be considered significant unless its for 1000+ real profitable trades.

Hope this helps.

Hi, currently I work for a pvt ltd pro trading company. I trade in crude oil related instruments (only futures) such as crack spreads, calendar spreads on CME. Basically I trade only spreads of future contracts. Basically v r not allowed to trade outrights of these contracts i.e. v cant take naked positions. wht r different career pathways for me?

vssoma

dear,
why don't u start a sub-brokerage firm your self. if you are thinking about arbitrage/scalping...it is better to work yourself rather work under some one else. in commodities it is very easy t generate volumes by doing scalping....and gather 5 to 10 members who trade on regular basic.
isn't it good idea.....seniors...comment on this.

How you start a sub brokerage firm. I understand that Kotak does it. Being a business associate. Do you know of any clearing firms which do MCX and COMEX, meaning the broking firm clears MCX directly and then also clears COMEX through a 3rd party clearer. Rather have 1 margin put with Indian clearing firm and the Indian clearing firm clears both MCX and COMEX

trader21

dear,
why don't u start a sub-brokerage firm your self. if you are thinking about arbitrage/scalping...it is better to work yourself rather work under some one else. in commodities it is very easy t generate volumes by doing scalping....and gather 5 to 10 members who trade on regular basic.
isn't it good idea.....seniors...comment on this.
the problem is about initial investments, also by associating yourself with a world class firm you get to learn the professional side of things... still it is a better option for those who can afford.

Also the intial partner traders you chose can leave anytime for personal benefits or disagree on common issues.

Dear Friends,

I was working with Angel broking ltd. till last month & am currently looking for a job as a Manager - Service Quality/Quality Assurance in Broking Industry & the details of my current role is as given below, FYR.

 Resolving customer queries, complaints & grievances South Region
 Define & review quality levels at customer touch points across all clients
 Continuously initiate & implement improvements projects, which translate into excellent service
 Ensure quality standards are met and conduct periodic audits to check strict adherence to quality norms
 Competition Tracking Quarterly SWOT analysis on competition products & services Live accounts with broking houses
 Trainer Equity/Futures & Options/Commodity/Currency Derivatives etc.
 NCFM/BCFM & BCCD/CDSL certification compliance Educate & encourage regions & branches for 100% certifications
 ORM Manages Online queries & complaints at various blogs & forums
 Working knowledge of clearing and settlement, regulatory compliances by the trading members and companies.
 Projects Initiated & Closed
1) Pan India Sub-Broker telephonic compliance survey Check display of compliance notice boards at their offices as mandated by regulator/exchanges
2) Running Account Authorization
3) Forgot Password Mechanism
4) Application Tracker Angel Website
5) SMS Service Queries/Complaints
6) Corporate Action/Announcements Angel Website
7) Evaluated Angel account opening process & reported to management
8) QA representation to Rothschild for PE Investments
9) Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) Quality Assurance/IT Infrastructure/IT Applications
 Current Projects W.I.P.
1) Service Quality complaints, investigations, follow-up & RCA South Zone
2) Branch Quality Ratings & Business Process Standardization.
3) Investor Education Program (Knowledge Centre) Website
4) Sector Updates Website
5) Streamlining Welcome Kit dispatch process & CRMS South Zone
6) Customer Service Feedback mechanism BO
7) Voice of Customers Account Closures South Zone
8) Increase trading volumes and profitability on different products

In case of any relevant vacancy, please speak to me on my Mobile no. +919619517190 or revert me at [email protected]

thanks in Anticipation! Please revert in case of any query or for more information.

regards,

Radheyshyam