Can I survive in the Markets as a Career Option??

gone are the days of personal mentorship. Even if you do find someone who can mentor you [not RMs or Professional Trainers], make sure they are actually good at trading than talking.

STEPS:
a. open no frills trading account. Zerodha. A/c opening one time charge around 200.

b. search for charting source - free charts EOD are all over the net. intraday charts need paid subscription. Yahoo finance offers free intraday chart - but probably delayed. Good enough to test/paper trade.

c. Use this forum to read through strategies - short list 2/3. Learn it in and out. Seriously paper trade it. Once, you get the hang of the strategy - you can then proceed towards LIVE trading - with the smallest of quantity - to test your emotions.

d . If successful, proceed. Else, quit and focus on studies and become an investor.

Either ways, you'll be in the markets.

all the best.

thanks... Could you suggest any specific threads or books about technical analysis.... and how would the markets react in this budget fever. I guess it will be too volatile.

thanks.

Rish

Hello guys,
I'm a CA student(Intermediate). I know i will definitely become a CA one day. But I have passion in Stock Trading. I'm an EXTREMIST in anything if i concentrate on something, may it be CA or stock trading etc..I have passion in Stock trading. If I concentrate on stock trading i want to become a professional or a successful trader. Can I survive in the markets or is it gonna be boring stuff in my future if I opt it as my career??

I came to know if i want to become a stock trader I will have to work for a stock trader as trainee for two years and I came to know the rules and regulations about it. Is stock trading a right place for me.

By the way I'm still 20. Am I on the right track??

Help!!

Honest replies and suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Wrong decision entering into stock market in this age, just concentrate on your studies and don't make any plans based on stock market.

Here you may get wealth, but, if you start in this age, you may loose your HEALTH.

Health is more more more imp.... than Wealth.

Take care.

Wrong decision entering into stock market in this age, just concentrate on your studies and don't make any plans based on stock market.

Here you may get wealth, but, if you start in this age, you may loose your HEALTH.

Health is more more more imp.... than Wealth.

Take care.
Its interesting that you mention 'Health' in this topic. Can you please elaborate about the health problems you are referring to.

jamit_05

Hello guys,
I'm a CA student(Intermediate). I know i will definitely become a CA one day. But I have passion in Stock Trading. I'm an EXTREMIST in anything if i concentrate on something, may it be CA or stock trading etc..I have passion in Stock trading. If I concentrate on stock trading i want to become a professional or a successful trader. Can I survive in the markets or is it gonna be boring stuff in my future if I opt it as my career??

I came to know if i want to become a stock trader I will have to work for a stock trader as trainee for two years and I came to know the rules and regulations about it. Is stock trading a right place for me.

By the way I'm still 20. Am I on the right track??

Help!!

Honest replies and suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello,

There are two ways.

1) Derivatives or Stock Trading. Short term trading.

First things first: It will be at least another 5 years till you are able to trade for a living. Moreover, even after those 5 years, success ratio is very poor. Probably, only 5% of the entire trading population is successful. No amount of "extremism", high IQ, good math or any other special power will help you here. Success here, mostly, only comes with guidance, experience, time and kismet. It is entirely your choice. Think and discuss these two points with the ones affected by your decision... (I know, "they" will say 'No').

2) Equity Investment
A very lucrative field too. Lot more money is churned and made here. Requires different set of skills. This will probably require you to work in established organizations, have a CA degree etc. It is a more acceptable option.

Regards

Rish

Its interesting that you mention 'Health' in this topic. Can you please elaborate about the health problems you are referring to.
Good. folllowing are the common things if somebody is trading entire day without understanding and proper planning

1. Your thinking and Decision making capacity will reduce
2. Always you will have fear on your mind
3. Self Confidence level will go down sharply
4. Dress code will change
5. Always you dislike others (even within the family), you feel unsecured
6. You do all your routine work without sense, bath/food/sleep
7. All above things will convert into inbalance in your body and land into multiple diseases.

Take a survey, this may be true.

So, trading is not that much easy without understanding.

fxgood

Good. folllowing are the common things if somebody is trading entire day without understanding and proper planning

1. Your thinking and Decision making capacity will reduce
2. Always you will have fear on your mind
3. Self Confidence level will go down sharply
4. Dress code will change
5. Always you dislike others (even within the family), you feel unsecured
6. You do all your routine work without sense, bath/food/sleep
7. All above things will convert into inbalance in your body and land into multiple diseases.

Take a survey, this may be true.

So, trading is not that much easy without understanding.
untrue if you are successful trader

fxgood

1. No fail proof tricks here to become rich
2. Measure and control your risk
3. Make professional approach with systematic planning of trades
4. Listen every thing but make your decision based on your self justification of decision making skills, you are responsible for your success or failures
5. If fails, then just accept it and quit, if not just enjoy what you are doing
( done ) as successful trader.

I guess all traders on this forum are part-time traders. i.e They have a job or business to support their livelyhood and they are trading for the "kick". I have not come across who vouches that he is trading for a living. All are giving advises, threats... So it is not a good option making trading as your main job for a living. Let it be a side business and follow these advises given here, in this forum.